- Liskeard PL14, UK
Cornish Orchards was founded in 1999 in Duloe, South East Cornwall. The success and growth of our ciders and soft drinks has been incredible and we put this down to great people, great ingredients and a passion for great cider.
Cornish Orchards blends the best of traditional cider-making with all the best practices you expect to see in a modern dynamic drinks business. We pride ourselves with our attention to quality, food hygiene standards and environmental practices to produce the very highest quality products.
Since April 2019 Cornish Orchards has been part of Asahi UK. Asahi UK (AUK), part of Asahi Europe & International Ltd, aims to enrich consumer experiences through innovation, high-quality service and an exceptional portfolio of premium beer, ale and cider brands including, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Asahi Super Dry, Meantime, Fuller’s London Pride and Cornish Orchards. Our aim is to be the leading super premium beer business in the UK, through a brand mix that creates a compelling proposition. At AUK we operate as an end to end business unit responsible for sales, marketing, customer operations, production, supply chain and wholesale operations in the UK & Ireland. For further information, visit www.asahibeer.co.uk
We are looking for a Packaging Technician to join our Cornish Orchards team.
The Packaging Technician is responsible for delivering the requirements of production in terms of quality, service and costs for the packaging line or lines that you work on. This involves the shift responsibility of the line, equipment, quality and plan.
- Responsibility for conducting filling and packaging of bottles, cans & bag-in-box products
- Ensuring all packaging materials are relevant to the product being packaged
- Awareness and compliance with site HACCP procedures and process control
- Ensuring all performance information is reported on time and in full
- Responsibility for conducting regular maintenance tasks in accordance with schedules
- Resolving machinery break downs in a timely manner
- Regular monitoring of samples of packaged products to ensure specifications are met (e.g. label alignment, carbonation levels, package weights and barcodes)
- Full product analysis in the lab to ensure products are within specification
- Maintaining and using highly specialised pieces of equipment to monitor samples
- Be able to operate and be the technical expert on the line at the time of the shift
Health, Safety & Environment
- Working in accordance with all HSE policies & procedures
- Working with accordance to all hygiene schedules
- Ensuring all raw packaging materials are correctly counted and received
- Ensuring all finished product is correctly counted and delivered
- Ensure stock takes are completed on time and in full
- Experience of packaging foodstuffs
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Basic understanding of IT to input data
- Basic mechanical knowledge would be advantageous
Key attributes of the successful person
- Attention to detail
- High degree of health & safety awareness and food safety awareness
- The ability to work under pressure
- A keen eye for problem solving
- Proactive, can do attitude that is deadline orientated
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package.
- 25 days holiday
- Product allowance worth £520
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym Membership discount
- Free Eye test
- Full-time permanent role
- 4 days per week (10 hours per day)
- Location - Liskeard - Parking on site
Please no agencies.