- Berwick St Leonard, Salisbury SP3 5SN, UK
Nectar Imports (part of Asahi UK) is responsible for producing iconic British brands including cask beers London Pride and Dark Star Hophead, craft lager brand Frontier, as well as Cornish Orchards cider which has joined much-loved premium beers such as Asahi Super Dry, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Grolsch, and Meantime under Asahi International ownership.
Asahi UK brings together the Production, Supply chain and Distribution elements of Asahi’s operations in the UK. These encompass the Griffin Brewery (Fullers Brewery), Meantime Brewing and Retail Companies, Cornish Orchards Ltd, the Fullers Distribution network, including the Horndean distribution depot and the existing Asahi UK Warehousing and Distribution network, including export operations as well as Supply and Demand Planning for the area’s covered by Asahi UK Holdings.
The role is based at our Hindon distribution centre attached to Nectar Imports.
Asahi are looking to recruit a Warehouse Operative to help support the warehouse team to ensure we deliver to our customers on time and in full.
As a warehouse operative, you be responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely dispatch of orders to our growing customer base across a range of Warehouse functions. As a member of the warehouse team you will be working towards the daily deadlines and ensure the time deadlines are met to the highest standards.
- Assist with the unloading / loading of supplier’s vehicles, ensuring there is supporting paperwork that corresponds to all the items.
- Check the stock coming onto the site in preparation for Put away.
- Stock Putaway, ensuring stock rotation is adhered to at all times.
- Replenishment of stock from stock located with the Racks to the Pick Face.
- Ensure Pallet Cards are kept updated and correctly logged whenever you retrieve or add to the pallet location.
- Accurately pick Haulier, Customer Collections and Same Day orders generated from the sales office onto pallet and mark them clearly to ensure correct delivery address and paperwork is attached.
- Wrap pallets in a cost efficient manner ensuring all stock is kept safe for storage or transportation.
- Ensure the warehouse is kept clean and tidy, to include:
- Using the bailer to recycle to Plastic and Cardboard;
- Sweeping the warehouse including aisles and within Pick Faces;
- Dusting the stock and barriers within the warehouse to help reduce dust.
- Daily litter pick around the site, completing the daily sign-off sheet.
- Ensure any broken cases are cleaned to remove any traces of glass and then sorted and logged onto the breakages sheet.
- Ensure Health & Safety procedures are followed.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Hands-on and proactive with a positive "can do attitude"
- Self-motivated with a flexible approach to workload
- Disciplined approach to work including the ability to work under pressure
- Keen eye for Health & Safety, reporting all relevant incidents and potential issues that occur.
- Excellent day-to-day time management, both personally and for your daily Warehouse schedule
- Strong administration skills and an accuracy of paperwork compliance
- Keen to promote new ways of working and actively support innovation within the Warehouse
- Confidently meets deadlines and seeks to go above and beyond with their positive attitude
- Good level of verbal and written English
- Appreciation for nature of the work, with heavy lifting and forklift truck use a key activity of day-to-day work
- Ideally previous Warehouse, Logistics, Supply Chain or Manufacturing experience
- Ideally a forlkift licence but we will provide the training if you do not.
What You Get?
- Competitive basis salary
- Site based bonus
- Life Assurance
- Product allowance
- Product discount
- 25 days holiday
- You get to for a brewery!
- Full-time - 42.5 hours a week
- Evening shift - 2pm-11pm
- Nectar Imports
- Nectar Imports head office - 35 mins from Salisbury, 20 mins from Warminster, 45 mins from Yeovil