Engineering Team Leader
- London, UK
Asahi UK (AUK), part of Asahi Europe & International Ltd, aims to enrich consumer experiences through innovation, high-quality service and an exceptional portfolio of premium beer, ale and cider brands including, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Asahi Super Dry, Meantime, Fuller’s London Pride and Cornish Orchards. Our aim is to be the leading super premium beer business in the UK, through a brand mix that creates a compelling proposition. At AUK we operate as an end to end business unit responsible for sales, marketing, customer operations, production, supply chain and wholesale operations in the UK & Ireland. For further information, visit www.asahibeer.co.uk
Asahi Europe & International is a subsidiary of Asahi Group Holdings Ltd, a global beverage and food company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Japan. Employing > 12,000 people, Asahi Europe & International is the custodian for leading super premium lager brands Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Grolsch, Asahi Super Dry, plus international Czech lager brands, Pilsner Urquell and Kozel. The business has world-class brewing and production facilities in 8 markets – UK, NL, ITL, PL, CZ, SK, HU, RO. In most of these markets, we are the leading brewer with full portfolio of famous brands. Commercial operations in other parts of Europe, USA, Canada, LatAm, Africa and Asia are served through our global distribution network. With state-of-the-art facilities, some of the best brewers in the world, quality ingredients, and a culture based on innovation and collaboration, Asahi offers the best quality of beer to beer lovers worldwide. More information can be found at www.asahiinternational.com
Since 2016 Meantime has been part of Asahi Europe & International Ltd, where we have been able to focus on improving our quality and driving our unending pursuit of great tasting session able and approachable beers. With state-of-the-art facilities, some of the best brewers in the world, quality ingredients, and a culture based on innovation and collaboration, Asahi Europe offers the best quality of beer to beer lovers worldwide.
Our Meantime Brewery are looking for an Engineering Team Leader to join our fantastic team.
The Engineering Team Leader is accountable for the engineering function and team on site. They ensure the safe and efficient performance of the Engineering Team, whilst adhering to safety, quality and financial standards. They will drive continuous improvement in the planned maintenance programme.
The Engineering Team Leader is responsible for the following key outputs and accountabilities
Health and Safety
- Lead by example, adhering to all Health and Safety policies and procedures to a drive safety culture in the work place.
- Challenge unsafe practices, identify and report hazards and near misses. Encourage the team to do the same.
- Work with relevant departments to close off reported hazards in a timely manner.
- Accountable for effective maintenance service (both planned and reactive) is always maintained utilising and building a Planned Maintenance system.
- Responsible for the Site calibration (Audit compliance) and all legislative compliance.
- Accountable for adherence and compliance to the required safe systems of work.
- Ensure that the team understand the strategy, their part in its achievement and the policy of maintaining & improving the individual quality & character of all products
- Coach, Lead & Manage the engineering team allocating people and resources to tasks in the most efficient and effective way
- Ensure excellent team communication is maintained and empower the team in the creation and delivery of maintenance solutions and build the cooperation of the teams.
- Identify timely responses & remedies to overcome performance issues and ensure appropriate action is taken
- Develop, manage and grow the capability of the Engineering Team, ensuring they are able to meet the demands of the business
- Overall responsibility for motivating, assessing training requirements and dealing with employee relations issues within the team
- Effectively manage & control Engineering stock items, to ensure adequate levels are maintained at all times.
- Reduce utility costs through Continuous Improvement processes.
- Proactively manage our Maintenance contracts and target reduced service costs plus the associated ‘Spares’ spend
- To be from an Electrical/Mechanical background with an Engineering HNC as a minimum qualification
- Experience of working in the food manufacturing / FMCG industry.
- Demonstrate a good understanding & experience in the operation and related health and safety precautions, relating to:
- Steam generation
- Compressed air generation
- Knowledge in terms of our quality standards, health and safety and any external legalisation relevant to this department.
Key attributes of the successful person
- Ability to motivate and lead the team to inspire them to be safe and maintain our quality standards.
- A confident, persuasive character with the ability to communicate amongst a variety of people from customers, contractors and managers alike.
- Ability to establish trust and rapport with our internal stakeholders.
- Hands-on and proactive approach with a positive “can do” attitude.
- Disciplined approach to work including the ability to work under pressure to manage conflicting priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated with a flexible approach to workload,
- Good planning and organisational skills, demonstrating strong analytical and problem solving mindset, with an ability to operate independently and deliver attention to detail.
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package.
- Competitive salary
- Beer allowance per annum
- Discounted onsite food offerings
- Annual bonus
- Industry leading pension contribution
- Life assurance
- 25 days’ holiday
Please no agencies.