Brewer - Meantime
- Royal Borough of Greenwich, UK
Asahi UK Ltd is the UK and Ireland subsidiary of Asahi Europe & International Ltd. Asahi UK is responsible for producing iconic British brands including cask beers London Pride and Dark Star Hophead, craft lager brand Frontier, as well as Cornish Orchards cider which has joined much-loved premium beers such as Asahi Super Dry, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Grolsch, and Meantime under Asahi International ownership.
Asahi UK brings together the Production, Supply Chain and Distribution elements of Asahi’s operations in the UK. These encompass the Griffin Brewery (Fullers Brewery), Meantime Brewing and Retail Companies, Cornish Orchards Ltd, the Fullers Distribution network, including the Horndean distribution depot and the existing Asahi UK Warehousing and Distribution network, including export operations as well as Supply and Demand Planning for the area’s covered by Asahi UK Holdings.
With state-of-the-art facilities, some of the best brewers in the world, quality ingredients, and a culture based on innovation and collaboration, Asahi offers the best quality of beer to beer lovers worldwide.
Back in 99 before Craft Beer was a ‘thing’ in the UK, Meantime’s founder Alastair Hook started a 20 year labour of love from a flat in Greenwich. All our beers are quality, sessionable beers packed full of flavour that everyone can enjoy. You’d be hard pressed to find a more passionate group of beer lovers and brewers than our Greenwich crew. Great beer is at the heart of the team!
Reporting into the Senior Brewer, our Meantime brewery are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Brewer to join the team in Greenwich. The Brewer will be critical in the efficient running of the brewery and a great position for someone wanting the opportunity to work within the super-premium beer industry.
To learn more about us, have a look at our website: www.asahiinternational.com
Your key responsibilities as a Brewer will include;
Brewhouse operations including all aspects of wort production i.e.-
Milling, mashing, lautering, boiling, whirlpooling, wort cooling, spent grain removal, water system management & CIP’s of all Brewhouse equipment.
- Monitor & ensure Brewhouse/Cellar operations are within QA guidelines.
- Cellaring operations including:
- Monitoring of fermentation temperatures, gravities & cell counts.
- CIP of vessels - FV’s, MV’s, BBT’s & Yeast Brinks.
- Beer filtering and transfer
- Dry Hopping
- Yeast Management, including - harvesting, pitching, cell counts and record keeping
- Cleaning and sanitation of hoses and fittings
- Health and safety maintenance and Following SOP (standard operating procedures) to the satisfaction of the Head Brewer & QA Manager.
- Ensure all production logs (brewsheet, filtration, etc.) are completed correctly.
- Ensure all production areas are well maintained and cleaned to the highest hygienic standards.
- Ensure that Production complies with the relevant food acts at all times.
- Representing the company at beer tastings, on brewery tours and in trade from time to time.
- Following SOP (standard operating procedures) to the satisfaction of the Head Brewer & QA Manager.
- Other duties as directed by the Senior Brewer or Head Brewer.
If you have the below experience, we’d love to hear from you!
- Experience of working as a Brewer, ideally in a brewery producing upwards of 20.000hl per annum.
- Experience of working in Food & Beverages manufacturing, with a background in Quality Assurance, or Packaging.
- Minimum IBD General Certificate (or equivalent) required or willingness to work on personal development.
- Ability to work independently but also collaboratively with managers and teams.
- A passion for Beer!
- Good use and understanding of IT systems, particularly Excel.
- Must have counterbalance Fork Lift Truck license or be willing to gain license upon starting.
- Due to the nature of process work, you will be required to work unsocial hours (early/late/night shifts) and weekends as needed.
Working patterns will vary and include: 6am – 3pm, 1pm – 10pm and 9:30pm – 6:30am with a two week rotation on each. Therefore, the successful individual will need to be able to accommodate an early or late working pattern and adopt flexibility with their shifts.
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package.
- Competitive salary
- Beer allowance per annum
- Discounted onsite food offerings
- Annual bonus
- Industry leading pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Dental insurance
- 25 days’ holiday
Please no agencies.