Import Logistics Coordinator
- London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, London, UK
Asahi UK (AUK), part of Asahi Europe & International Ltd, aims to enrich consumer experiences through innovation, high-quality service and an exceptional portfolio of premium beer, ale and cider brands including, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Asahi Super Dry, Meantime, Fuller’s London Pride and Cornish Orchards. Our aim is to be the leading super premium beer business in the UK, through a brand mix that creates a compelling proposition. At AUK we operate as an end to end business unit responsible for sales, marketing, customer operations, production, supply chain and wholesale operations in the UK & Ireland. For further information, visit www.asahibeer.co.uk
Asahi Europe & International is a subsidiary of Asahi Group Holdings Ltd, a global beverage and food company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Japan. Employing > 12,000 people, Asahi Europe & International is the custodian for leading super premium lager brands Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Grolsch, Asahi Super Dry, plus international Czech lager brands, Pilsner Urquell and Kozel. The business has world-class brewing and production facilities in 8 markets – UK, NL, ITL, PL, CZ, SK, HU, RO. In most of these markets, we are the leading brewer with full portfolio of famous brands. Commercial operations in other parts of Europe, USA, Canada, LatAm, Africa and Asia are served through our global distribution network. With state-of-the-art facilities, some of the best brewers in the world, quality ingredients, and a culture based on innovation and collaboration, Asahi offers the best quality of beer to beer lovers worldwide. More information can be found at www.asahiinternational.com
Our Supply Chain team are looking for a Logistics Coordinator to join the team. The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the day to day logistics of moving goods from our breweries to our UK warehouses and direct to customer, ensuring the targeted OTIF and cost control measures are achieved.
The International Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the following key outputs and accountabilities
International Logistics Management
- Assign carriers to international collection request as requested by the Planning team in line with agreed standards
- Agree daily booking slots with the brewery
- Ensure loads are collected on time by carriers
- Ensure deliveries to UK warehouses and direct delivery customers are timely and in full
- Custodian of the International Inbound planning tool, Transwide system, which is used to coordinate the daily brewery collections in Europe for replenishment orders and customer direct orders as well are ETA and delivery confirmations
- Ensure all international collection requests are visible on Transwide
- Ensure hauliers provide prompt and accurate updates to ETAs for all orders
- Primary contact point for information flow between Asahi, breweries and logistics suppliers
- Build and manage relationships with suppliers to deliver On Time and In Full service to our customers
- Identify new opportunities for future efficiencies on freight management both primary and direct
Inbound Freight Management and Coordination
- Responsible for the coordination and planning of the inbound containers from UK port to UK 3PL warehouses with agreed hauliers
- Prioritising inbound loads to maximise stock availability and ensure no out of scope costs such as container demurrage.
- Communicate daily delivery plans to hauliers and receiving 3PLs and ensure that volumes are in line with warehouse storage and throughput capacity.
- Responsible for communicating inbound stock availability to demand, supply and customer service teams within the wider supply chain and for attending daily calls on stock availability and order fulfilment.
- Resolve problem inbound movements ensuring timely release of containers, communicating late arrivals, and ensuring appropriate delivery slots available at the 3PL operation.
- Responsible for ensuring all international logistics movements are appropriately customs cleared both out of the EU and into the UK.
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with customs agents and ensure that they are provided with full and accurate consignment details to enable smooth clearance.
- Responsible for communicating the cleared status of containers at UK ports to the receiving 3PLs, including any loads on customs hold, and providing full details of customs entries to enable the raising of ARCs, providing missing load documentation where necessary.
- Responsible for resolving customs issues and implementing processes to avoid repeat occurrence.
- Maintain accurate records in the ERP system for all live carrier rates, including both the annual upload after the freight tender is complete, and interim updates as new lanes or carriers are added.
- Review any carrier invoices which have not been matched automatically by Accounts Payable. Resolve queries promptly.
- Work with the International Logistics team, Accounts Payable team, and International hauliers to improve the “first time match” rate for carrier invoices.
- Process miscellaneous invoices on Asahi’s Concur system.
- Ensure that costs for exceptional items are tracked, accrued for, and cross-checked against invoices when they are received.
- Assist in the preparation for month-end by ensuring that all exceptional items are identified and there are no “double counts” by Finance.
- Ensure all carrier delays and incidents are logged and reported
- Dashboard for weekly Logistics meetings, ensure additional charges and deviations from budget are recorded
- Liaise with carriers to improve transport schedule fill rate and accuracy
- Cost tracking and analysis for primary and direct freight costs vs budget
- Run weekly/monthly KPI calls with key suppliers
- Provide cover and support for the wider operations team
- Additional responsibilities as required by the International Logistics Manager
- Attend customer and sales team meetings where required
- Customer or supplier relationship management exposure
- Experience in a fast-paced, high volume, detailed and process driven organisation
- System experience in an ERP environment and intermediate excel skills
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of either FMCG or UK or international supply chain logistics
- European Languages would be an advantage especially Italian, Dutch, and Polish. Fluent English is essential
Key attributes of the successful person
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer service focused
- Highly effective communicator
- Highly organised & with great attention to detail
- Able to work calmly and efficiently under pressure
- Able to work at speed on own initiatives & be able to balance this with team collaboration
- Diligent in completion of key tasks & projects
- Demonstrates high standards of professionalism both in presentation & attitude
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package.
- Competitive salary
- Beer allowance per annum
- Annual bonus
- Industry leading pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Dental insurance
- 25 days’ holiday
Please no agencies.