Customer Service Executive
- Hindon, Salisbury SP3, UK
Nectar Imports are a part of Asahi UK and are the South’s leading drinks distributor. From well known brand names to the utterly quirky, whether you want the very latest in craft beers, or the trendiest gin in town we stock it all. Backed up by the best industry service standards you'll find, Nectar really are a refreshingly different drinks supplier.
Asahi UK (AUK), part of Asahi Europe & International Ltd, aims to enrich consumer experiences through innovation, high-quality service and an exceptional portfolio of premium beer, ale and cider brands including, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Asahi Super Dry, Meantime, Fuller’s London Pride and Cornish Orchards. Our aim is to be the leading super premium beer business in the UK, through a brand mix that creates a compelling proposition. At AUK we operate as an end to end business unit responsible for sales, marketing, customer operations, production, supply chain and wholesale operations in the UK & Ireland.
We are looking for a Customer Service Executive to join our team at Nectar. As the Customer Service Executive you will be responsible for answering customer calls in a timely and efficient manner, minimising the number of abandoned calls where possible. Processing orders inline with company procedure. Delivering excellent customer services to Nectar’s internal and external customers at all times.
The Customer Service Executive is responsible for the following key outputs and accountabilities
Inbound Call Handling
- Answer customer calls in a timely and effective manner, maintaining a polite and professional manner at all times, ensuring a high standard of call handling for both inbound and outbound calls
- Orders are completed to schedule and all orders gathered accurately and on time
- Take ownership of enquiries and effectively handle any customer issues to ensure there is a suitable resolution for the customer, feeding back within the business to the appropriate teams
- Handle all consumer complaints with the aim of enhancing Nectar’s reputation by delivering a world class response / solution
- Ensure the positive customer experience is monitored through introduction and customer care calls
- Make customers aware of the online ordering facility as appropriate and advise them on how to set this up
- Process inbound, e-mail, web and staff orders in line with procedures, raising any opportunities for online ordering
- Ensure all special / pre-orders are routed for delivery as soon as they are available in the warehouse
- Process daily stock shortages, deallocating them on orders and ensuring customers are notified prior to expected delivery day
Outbound Call Handling and BDM support
- Effectively set and handle call logs to ensure customers are prompted for processing orders if not already received.
- Strong Sales Support to be executed to the field sales team with regular updates on how accounts are performing and help to support and resolve BDM queries.
- Develop and own the account retention and lost accounts process, ensuring we have early warning of customers intending to leave and taking action to retain. For any lost accounts, ensure we understand the root cause and report to BDMs as appropriate.
- Various system reporting at BDM requests.
- Be a key member of the go-to team for BDM support offering diverse skills to help in situations outside of the normal order taking and take ownership and responsibility when necessary to help BDMs on a daily basis.
- Process orders and enquiries effectively, utilising internal systems and offers to assist in upselling and maximising sales within a telephone call
- Offer alternative items where we cannot meet the needs of the customer
- Achieve additional sales with existing customers by selling in new products and categories in conjunction with available offers – targeted with results expected.
- Continually develop product knowledge using the information available on the website, brochures, mailshots and other available sources
- Maintain regular contact with BDMs to ensure the communication of any information gained from customers
- Maintain a clean and tidy work environment for the benefit of you and your colleagues i.e. desk, office and communal areas
- Maintain reception area and ensure all visitors are greeted to Nectar standards
Experience required & key attributes of the successful person
- Experience using a database
- Strong communication skills both internally and externally
- First rate Customer Services skills
- Excellent attention to detail and data entry skills
- Competent use of Microsoft office packages including Outlook, Word and Excel
- GCSE grade 4 or above in English and Maths (or equivalent)
- Level 2 in Customer Services, desirable
- Must have own motorised transport due to rural location
- The ability to problem solve and think outside the box.
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- Staff Discount
- Life Assurance
- Industry leading pension contribution
- 28 days’ holiday inclusive of bank holidays
Please no agencies.