Production Scheduler - Meantime
- Royal Borough of Greenwich, UK
Asahi UK (AUK), part of Asahi Europe & International Ltd, aims to enrich consumer experiences through innovation, high-quality service and an exceptional portfolio of premium beer, ale and cider brands including, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Asahi Super Dry, Meantime, Fuller’s London Pride and Cornish Orchards. Our aim is to be the leading super premium beer business in the UK, through a brand mix that creates a compelling proposition. At AUK we operate as an end to end business unit responsible for sales, marketing, customer operations, production, supply chain and wholesale operations in the UK & Ireland. For further information, visit www.asahibeer.co.uk
Asahi Europe & International is a subsidiary of Asahi Group Holdings Ltd, a global beverage and food company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Japan. Employing > 12,000 people, Asahi Europe & International is the custodian for leading super premium lager brands Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Grolsch, Asahi Super Dry, plus international Czech lager brands, Pilsner Urquell and Kozel. The business has world-class brewing and production facilities in 8 markets – UK, NL, ITL, PL, CZ, SK, HU, RO. In most of these markets, we are the leading brewer with full portfolio of famous brands. Commercial operations in other parts of Europe, USA, Canada, LatAm, Africa and Asia are served through our global distribution network. With state-of-the-art facilities, some of the best brewers in the world, quality ingredients, and a culture based on innovation and collaboration, Asahi offers the best quality of beer to beer lovers worldwide. More information can be found at www.asahiinternational.com
Back in 99 before Craft Beer was a ‘thing’ in the UK, Meantime’s founder Alastair Hook started a 20 year labour of love from a flat in Greenwich. All our beers are quality, sessionable beers packed full of flavour that everyone can enjoy. You’d be hard pressed to find a more passionate group of beer lovers and brewers than our Greenwich crew. Great beer is at the heart of the team!
We are looking for a Production Scheduler to join our Meantime team, at our Meantime Brewery in Greenwich. The Production Scheduler is responsible for planning the production and packaging lines at our Meantime production site. Based on a SKU level replenishment plan generated by the Supply Planner, this involves creating an 8-week production schedule for each line, taking into account line capacities, down time and resource availability. In addition, will plan the and communicate an 8-week brew plan. The role will also have responsibility for managing the 3rd party canning process.
Key accountabilities and outputs
- Creates 8-week production schedule by SKU for all packaging lines, working within an agreed set of guidelines and packaging rules to ensure maximum efficiencies on the lines.
- Monitors and maintains plans on a daily basis - adjusting plan as necessary to react to changes in line performance, breakdowns or customer demand
- Works with engineering and packaging TL to plan for engineering downtime, training and essential works
- Brew planning – working with the brewing teams, converts 8-week liquid plan into weekly brew plan
- Monitors efficiencies & line performance adjusting plans to align with line capabilities
- CTP (conformance to plan) - monitoring and reporting weekly conformance to plan, based on set tolerances and parameters
- Planning 3rd Party Canning production – generating forecasts for production, communicating required tanker movements to brew team and processing manufacturing and stock receipts on system
- Creates to a rough-cut capacity plan based on 13-week liquid/format plan to assess requirements on the line, container/packaging requirements.
- Manages inbound tanker supply, placing orders for tankers from suppliers, managing delivery schedule, taking into account site and tank capacity
- Coordinating tanker movements for bulk beer/cider between sites (Chiswick, Cornish Orchard and Dark Star)
Experience, competence requirements and personal characteristics
- Experience working within an operational/manufacturing environment essential.
- Solid line scheduling planning experience, having planned production lines in detail with emphasis on product sequencing, efficiency rates, changeover times, in order to drive line efficiencies
- Good understanding of production processes and methods.
- Experience of using a modern ERP planning system, ideally with exposure to implementation
- Proven ability to be able to build relations across all areas of the business but with production and operational teams
- Good level of Excel
- Proven organisational & prioritisation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with a flexible approach to workload, good planning and organisational skills and an ability to operate independently.
- Disciplined approach to work including the ability to work under pressure to manage conflicting priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Hands-on and proactive with a positive “can do approach”.
- Ability to work across a wide range of functions areas with people at all levels of the business
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package.
- Competitive salary
- Beer allowance per annum
- Discounted onsite food offerings
- Annual bonus
- Industry leading pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Dental insurance
- 25 days’ holiday
Please no agencies.