Packaging Operator - Meantime
- Royal Borough of Greenwich, UK
Asahi UK Ltd is the UK and Ireland subsidiary of Asahi Europe & International Ltd. Asahi UK is responsible for producing iconic British brands including cask beers London Pride and Dark Star Hophead, craft lager brand Frontier, as well as Cornish Orchards cider which has joined much-loved premium beers such as Asahi Super Dry, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Grolsch, and Meantime under Asahi International ownership.
Asahi UK brings together the Production, Supply Chain and Distribution elements of Asahi’s operations in the UK. These encompass the Griffin Brewery (Fullers Brewery), Meantime Brewing and Retail Companies, Cornish Orchards Ltd, the Fullers Distribution network, including the Horndean distribution depot and the existing Asahi UK Warehousing and Distribution network, including export operations as well as Supply and Demand Planning for the area’s covered by Asahi UK Holdings.
With state-of-the-art facilities, some of the best brewers in the world, quality ingredients, and a culture based on innovation and collaboration, Asahi offers the best quality of beer to beer lovers worldwide.
Back in 99 before Craft Beer was a ‘thing’ in the UK, Meantime’s founder Alastair Hook started a 20 year labour of love from a flat in Greenwich. All our beers are quality, sessionable beers packed full of flavour that everyone can enjoy. You’d be hard pressed to find a more passionate group of beer lovers and brewers than our Greenwich crew. Great beer is at the heart of the team!
We are looking for a Packaging Operator to join our team at our Meantime Brewing site in Greenwich. Working as part of the packaging team, the successful candidate will be responsible for running bottling and kegging production lines from start up to shut down to deliver packaged volumes on time whilst adhering to the highest levels of safety and quality.
Health and Safety
- Align to our goal of zero accidents in the work place.
- Adherence to all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for your own safety and of those around you.
- Identify and report hazards / unsafe practices to your team leader to get them resolved quickly and safely.
- Ensure every product is packaged to outlined procedures from start up to shutdown to achieve the highest level of quality and food safety.
- Perform appropriate line checks (including CCP’s) to set frequencies and completion of all production paperwork.
- Escalate any quality issues immediately to the line manager.
Housekeeping and Hygiene
- Keep all production areas clean, tidy and free from hazards (e.g. slips and trips) at all times.
- Perform CIP’s and sterilisations.
- Adopt a clean as you go policy.
- Maintain a good level of personal hygiene.
- Assist engineers with maintenance of the lines where required.
- Effective recording of machine downtime to identify improvement areas and drive efficiency.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and help out during internal and external audits.
- Assist in the completion of monthly stock checks.
- Prior experience of running a beverage production line.
- Fork lift truck license or willing to train to obtain one upon starting.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal (English language required).
- Knowledge of using Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with HACCP an advantage.
- Right to work in the UK.
Key attributes of the successful candidate
- Flexibility. This role may require switching between packaging departments and/or working night shifts in order to meet packaging demands.
- Strong teamwork both within the packaging team and with other departments.
- Practical, hands on approach.
- A ‘can-do’ attitude. Self-motivated to keep busy during quieter production times, periods of extended downtime etc.
- Attention to detail with a desire to produce the best products and not taking short cuts which could compromise safety and quality.
Working patterns will vary and include: 7am - 4pm / 11am - 8pm, Monday to Friday. Therefore, the successful individual will need to be able to accommodate an early or late working pattern and adopt flexibility with their shifts.
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package.
- Competitive salary
- Beer allowance per annum
- Discounted onsite food offerings
- Annual bonus
- Industry leading pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Dental insurance
- 25 days’ holiday
Please no agencies.