Local Category Manager
- Woking, UK
With sales revenues over 3 billion Euros, operations across five continents, 19 world-class production facilities, 3000 employees and 70 global brands being sold into more than 80 markets, Asahi Europe International delivers incredible consumer value into the category and aims to change the way people think about beer. Our world famous leading super premium lager brands include Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Grolsch, Asahi Super Dry, London Pride plus international Czech lager brands, Pilsner Urquell and Kozel.
We are now looking for a Local Category Manager to join our Woking based Procurement team to take ownership of our commercial business categories, with a particular emphasis on Marketing activities.
Your Primary Responsibilities as Local Category Manager will include;
- Support the group category manager in defining and implementing category strategy for efficient sourcing aligned to business needs / priorities. Negotiate contracts and support LCS as needed in negotiation and contract implementation.
- Define, implement and keep strategies for locally managed categories up-to-date aligned to business needs / priorities while striving for operational and transactional excellence and driving Procurement`s CSR and sustainability agenda.
- Perform analysis using internal as well as external data to understand impact of market trends, competitors and suppliers on internal business requirements and vice versa.
- Proactively involve with / manage stakeholders to understand their business and requirements to provide meaningful and relevant support.
- Promote one team spirit between countries and categories to enable best practices, synergies and leverage.
- Deliver against procurement KPIs, monitor and track results, initiate actions in case of deviations focusing on value creation and operational efficiency.
- Manage supplier relationship, support classification and categorization of suppliers including supplier evaluation, accreditation and performance / quality controls.
- Ensure in cooperation with relevant functions (Marketing, Legal, HR etc) that contracts with suppliers are in place.
- Manage category/supplier related risks such as price volatility, supplier stability and volume assurance.
- Acting as a change agent, drive discussions with business and lead continuous improvement projects aiming to deliver further Total Cost of Ownership and Integrated Spend Management opportunities.
Your Ideal Background;
- Experience working alongside Professional Services / Commercial Business functions
- Experience working alongside Marketing function preferred although not essential
- CIPS qualified preferred but not essential. Support towards attaining CIPS status could be provided if/where appropriate
- Willing and able to take ownership of a diverse portfolio of high profile marketing category projects and promotions from music festivals through to on and off trade incentives
- Desire to understand the business, drive it forward and make a wider impact
- Ability to thrive and add value within a reactive and fast paced environment
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package, inclusive of;
10 - 20% Annual bonus / Beer Allowance / Lunch Allowance / Industry leading pension contribution / Private Healthcare / Life Assurance / Private Dental insurance / 25 days holiday with option to purchase 5 extra days / Flexible Working