Cost Analyst / Modeler
- S Van Dorn St, Alexandria, VA, USA
in 2012 we are in the business of providing technology consulting
services to federal government as well as fee based subscription
services to small businesses that wants to win federal contracts. We
have grown by 200% and 300% in the years 2015 and 2014 respectively as
compared to the previous years. In 2016 we achieved 200% growth as
compared to 2015.
Benefits of doing business with us:
- Offers cost effective solutions
- Strives for optimum quality and timely delivery
- Ensures 100% client satisfactio
Position : Associate/ Sr. Associate level – Cost Modeler / Analyst
Location : Alexandria, VA
Employment / Duration : Contract to Hire
Interview Style : Telephonic / In-person
Requisition ID: 044031
· Serve as cost model consultant and analyst for the client’s largest mission business unit. The business unit has approximately $3 billion in fully burdened annual costs, and the cost and workload information is used to support fee setting, management reporting, and ad hoc analyses.
· Perform quarterly cost model updates and related reporting.
· Work as part of a team of analysts to deliver enterprise-wide cost and performance reporting.
· Collect and validate workload and other performance metrics related to the cost model.
· Maintain frequent contact with mission program points of contact to ensure data quality.
· Analyze and validate quarterly cost model results.
· Analyze significant variances and identify source/cause of variances.
· Support the fee expense analysis to determine unit cost of individual fee services and analyze historical patterns.
· Meet regularly with the mission program points of contact to present cost model results/reporting, discuss ongoing studies/analyses, and other issues relevant to using, maintaining and enhancing the cost model.
· Lead or participate in special studies and analyses related to program costs and operations.
· Present reports and analyses to client team and stakeholders.
· Includes opportunities to present to and interact with client and Grant Thornton senior management / executives.
· Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization).
· Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
· Activity Based Costing experience required
· CostPerform experience highly preferred
· MS Excel, MS PowerPoint experience highly preferred
· Tableau experience highly preferred
· Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
· Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
· U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
· Travel may be required.
· Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
· Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
· Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
· Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
· Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.