Sr. Software Engineer - Cloud Acceleration
- Beaverton, OR, USA
The Aroghia Group is a nationwide information technology firm that provides cutting-edge IT services, solutions, and staff placements for clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies. We are committed to helping our clients achieve their goals through innovation, collaboration, and deep expertise.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Cloud Acceleration department at our leading retail sportswear client, you will bring passion for delivering tools and solutions that empower developers to focus on serving the consumers. We strive towards making software delivery a daily habit for the engineering squads. The engineer will join the Foundation AMI team, building Linux OS images and related tooling for deploying into AWS.
Engineer responsibilities include the following:
• Write reusable, tested, and efficient software code and scripts.
• Write automated tests to validate changes, and manually test those changes.
• Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems and code defects.
• Use a variety of tools to manage source code, builds, and deployments.
• Operate supported systems in test and production environments.
• Provide technical support for tools and systems owned by the team.
• Be an active participant in team meetings and processes, like design and code reviews.
• Suggest and implement ways to improve tools and processes.
• Collaborate with other engineers and teams to design solutions and resolve issues.
• Work with product owners to understand and raise questions about business requirements.
• Candidates should have the following experience and skills:
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology, or equivalent experience.
• Professional experience working as a software engineer, system administrator, or other related position.
• Broad knowledge of the Linux operating system and experience working with Linux administration and automation.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with business partners and other engineers.
• History of continual learning about technical subjects.
• Knowledge of one or more programming languages, like Java or Python.
• Knowledge of and experience writing Bash scripting.
• Experience with a revision control tool like Git or Subversion.
Knowledge of or experience with some of the following:
• Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines
• Tiered software architecture
• Large scale distributed systems
• Highly available architecture
• Security best practices
• Modern web application development
• Public cloud infrastructure like AWS or Microsoft Azure
• Databases (SQL or NoSQL)
• Restful microservices
• Infrastructure as code using tools like CloudFormation or Terraform
• Container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
• Monitoring tools like New Relic or SignalFx
• Log aggregation tools like Splunk
• Configuration management tools like Puppet or Chef
Please note this opportunity is for W2 candidates only; no C2C.
For fastest consideration, please paste the JD into a word document, highlight all the relevant skills and technologies you possess, and attach it to your application.
Aroghia Group provides top market compensation and a great company culture. Please provide your resume, LinkedIn profile address, and phone number when applying. We have established a solid reputation in the marketplace by providing our employees with outstanding opportunities for personal and professional growth. Some additional benefits include (but are not limited to):
- We are a preferred IT vendor for top-notch companies in a wide range of industries across the U.S.
- We offer various compensation structures (hourly, salary) based on qualifications and market demand.
- We provide continuous training and development to ensure our team remains at the forefront of technological advancements.
Open Positions: http://aroghia.com/careers