- 151 Octane Ln, Port Angeles, WA 98362, USA
Armstrong Marine USA is a part of the family-owned and growing Bryton Marine Group: Kingfisher, EagleCraft, Duckworth, Northwest, and WeldCraft Boats!
Armstrong designs and builds aluminum catamarans, monohulls, and Naiad RHIBs distinguished by quality craftsmanship and innovative design.
Join the legacy today!
Use welding equipment to join metal components or to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products, in accordance with safety and quality standards.
It shall be the commitment of all employees to uphold Armstrong Marine USA’s Core Values of: Respect, Teamwork, Quality Craftsmanship, Financial Responsibility, Accountability, and Safety.
- Read and interpret layouts, engineering drawings, work orders, or verbal instructions to plan welding work.
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements, with guidance from the Welding Supervisor.
- Configure and operate tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
- MIG or TIG weld aluminum components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal, or overhead).
- Inspect outputs to ensure they meet design specifications and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Notify the Welding Supervisor of defective material or equipment.
- Follow company procedures to maintain welding equipment.
- Wear appropriate PPE and demonstrate safe welding practices. Comply with safety standards required by the company and regulatory bodies.
- Obtain and maintain proper workplace training and certifications, including tool use sign-offs according to the Tool Sign-Off Procedure.
- Participate in regular/required Welding Department meetings.
- Complete work within specified deadlines set by the Welding Supervisor.
- Collaborate with other Production personnel, as needed.
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma/GED and/or graduation from certified technical school.
- 1+ years aluminum welding experience. Boat building experience preferred.
- Welding certification (USCG, AWS, CWB, etc.) preferred.
- Knowledge of the principles, techniques and practices of aluminum welding, including set-up parameters and equipment.
- Ability to read and understand plans and welding symbols.
- Basic mathematical skills required in manufacturing environment.
- Ability to repetitively lift, pull and push 50+ pounds, reach above head height, stand, walk, kneel, bend, grasp, and reach.
- Must be 18 years of age and eligible to work in the US.
Base pay rate DOE.
- medical insurance,
- life insurance,
- dental insurance,
- vision insurance,
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contributions,
- tool fund,
- paid vacation,
- 6 paid holidays,
- paid sick leave, and
- opportunity for paid education/training/certification.
Armstrong Marine USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital or veteran/military status, pregnancy, HIV status, the presence of disabilities, or any other classification protected by applicable law.