UC Applications Engineer (UK remote based)
- Hammersmith Grove, Hammersmith, London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Boost your career with the Cloud Communications division of NTT, a leading global technology services company bringing together 28 brands including Arkadin, NTT Communications, Dimension Data, and NTT Security. By joining us you will play a key role in a business whose solutions enable a more digitally connected workspace with dynamic collaboration interactions for improved workforce efficiency, productivity and engagement.
With exceptional opportunities in our many offices around the world, your talent will find a place to develop quickly. In fact we are a people company with strong core values & talented employees committed to our mission. In return, we do our best to make sure we give our people the recognition they deserve.
Together we do great things and build a global team that is agile, engaged and able to respond to the ever-changing digital world.
If this sounds like the company you’d like to work with, we’d love to meet with you!
The Unified Communications Applications Engineer is responsible for development, operations, maintenance, support, and documentation of the engineering and operations that sit behind our global Unified Communications services, which include Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business (with our Cloud Voice calling plans), Cisco Webex calling and collaboration, hybrid voice solutions (connecting on-premises voice platforms to our Cloud Voice services), and additional communication related applications such as cloud recording of voice, video and collaboration, and cloud contact center.
Activities include designing and documenting the deployment and operational processes required to build and operate robust cloud communications products, through the project lifecycle; tier 3 escalation support for UC platforms and applications; and participating in customer onboarding and integration projects, leveraging expert technical understanding and troubleshooting skills throughout the application stack. The role may also involve consultation and development of custom configurations and/or software solutions. Specifically, the engineer may assist or lead the evaluation, adaptation, and integration of existing internal or third party (software and hardware) systems to support NTT’s developing communications portfolio, and will be part of the team which maintains the platforms, keeping them up to date from a technology and security perspective.
Key to Success
- Provide guidance and leadership during design, build, and run activities to ensure success from lab to released solutions
- Lead pre-production and production deployment, configuration, testing while ensuring best practices are followed and recommendations communicated.
- Provide detailed technical documentation including solution high/low level design, platform build/configuration, troubleshooting, and operational procedures.
- Maintain regional hours support by fielding technical calls from regional UC business and support teams.
- Take a lead technical role in escalations with vendors
- Maintain part of an on-call rotation to provide 24X7/365 support to global UC operations
- Develop and maintain internal training and technical procedures for other NTT teams.
- Provide support to the Project Management teams in regards to UC deployment and integration for customer onboarding and integration.
Professional / Technical Skills desired
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in IT industry, as Senior System engineer in a Microsoft UC environment, preferably in a service provider or systems integrator environment
- Experience working on a cross functional team including architecture and design as well as operations and support.
- Strong experience Microsoft UC solutions (Teams, Skype for Business, Lync Server) in an engineering, implementation or support role
- Experience in Cisco UC solutions (CUCM, Webex) in an engineering, implementation or support role a distinct advantage
- Implementation, support or engineering experience with SIP voip technologies preferably including experience with Audiocodes, Cisco, Ribbon or Oracle SBC platforms.
- Experience in operating solutions in Microsoft Azure a distinct advantage
- Technical skills: ability to author and present information and provide advice to stakeholders on relevant technologies
- Experienced with administration of: Office 365, Teams, Windows Server, Skype for Business/Lync, and other Microsoft server and desktop technologies.
- Good working knowledge of: TCP/IP networking technology (switch, router, firewall), Reverse Proxy, Load balancers. Knowledge of virtualization, and SAN solution beneficial
- Experience in troubleshooting of voip systems, SIP telephony, and Carrier or PBX interoperability
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional in related technologies.
Soft Skills desired
- Ability to communicate best practices, settings & configuration. Hands-on experience with relevant technologies is required.
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations relating to technology or design choices, for example functionality, performance, scalability, manageability.
- Excellent written & oral communication, prioritizing, and relationship building skills
- Adaptation skills: ability to manage unexpected and complex situations & proactively propose contingency plans;
- Proven problem solving, analysis, planning, and time management skills
- Independent self-starter and quick learner who is able to work well under pressure and tight timelines
- Fluent English speaking and writing is mandatory.