- Palazzo Astec 10F 2-8-1 Higashi-Shimbashi Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Boost your career with the Cloud Communications division of NTT, a leading global technology services company bringing together the expertise of leaders in the field including Arkadin, NTT Communications, Dimension Data, and NTT Security. By joining us you will play a key role in a business which delivers world-class cloud communication solutions that enable a more digitally connected workspace with dynamic collaboration interactions for improved workforce efficiency, productivity and engagement.
With exceptional opportunities in our many offices around the world, your talent will find a place to help our teams and develop quickly. In fact we are a people company with strong core values & talented employees committed to our mission. In return, we do our best to make sure we give our people the recognition they deserve.
Together we do great things and build a global team that is agile, engaged and able to respond to the ever-changing digital world. Together, we enable the connected future.
If this sounds like the company you’d like to work with, we’d love to meet with you!
The Project Manager works within the Professional Services (PS) team. This role will be involved during the sales cycle to estimate the span of work required, provide strategic and programmatic design of comprehensive transformation for customers moving from legacy platforms to Unified Communications. He/she will be assigned to a project depending on availability, skills and geographical location. He/she will apply the project management best practices to execute the projects in a timely manner.
You have great customer facing experience delivering cutting edge telecommunications and technology services. You are a motivated, PMP/PRINCE 2 qualified professional with relevant years of experience in and able to demonstrate an ability to think and act independently. You are comfortable taking initiative and creating process where none exists. It’s a plus if you have experience working with offshore teams and managing projects in a matrix environment.
Your role is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Execute the project or subproject according to the agreed scope, according to the contractual commitments and against the budget
- Implementation experience in various telecommunication services
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Identify the resources needed to achieve project goals.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyse results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Own the overall responsibility for delivery and service acceptance by the customer
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members partners and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project post-mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Experience in working on Large Enterprise Networks, Unified Communication or Security Base projects preferred.
- Experience in managing OCM type of projects and deep understanding of business change management.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Time management - well organized and able to multi-task
- Engineering degree with years of experience working in an international company
- Possess experience in dealing with Japanese and regional Projects
- Ideally PMP or Prince 2 certified
- Critical Requirement: Experience in handling projects and knowledge around Voice, Collaboration, Telepresence, Skype for Business, MS Teams, WebEx, VOIP, Telepresence
- It’s a plus if you have knowledge or experience in handling projects and for: WAN, MPLS, SD WAN, SDN, Global Backbone, Telecom Networks, SIP etc.
- At least 8-10 years of relevant Project Management experience.
- Business and Native Japanese language skills.