- Hammersmith Grove, Hammersmith, London, UK
Boost your career with the Cloud Communications division of NTT, a leading global technology services company bringing together the expertise of leaders in the field including Arkadin, NTT Communications, Dimension Data, and NTT Security. By joining us you will play a key role in a business which delivers world-class cloud communication solutions that enable a more digitally connected workspace with dynamic collaboration interactions for improved workforce efficiency, productivity and engagement.
With exceptional opportunities in our many offices around the world, your talent will find a place to help our teams and develop quickly. In fact we are a people company with strong core values & talented employees committed to our mission. In return, we do our best to make sure we give our people the recognition they deserve.
Together we do great things and build a global team that is agile, engaged and able to respond to the ever-changing digital world. Together, we enable the connected future.
If this sounds like the company you’d like to work with, we’d love to meet with you!
As an experienced network engineer, you will ensure operational performance of our global network and data centers in Europe, Asia, and the Americas. You will work with a team of expert engineers and architects responsible for the complete ownership of our global network infrastructure. You will be working on the design, deployment, and operations of our global private network backbone and data center networks.
It is an exciting time at NTT's Cloud Communications Division to be a network engineer. More than ever before, organisations are relying on our collaboration, conferencing and unified communication services to do business. Multiple transformation and upgrade projects are currently underway that promise to provide interesting and challenging work and a great environment for skill and career development. This position provides the opportunity to work on core data center and WAN/backbone technologies (BGP, MPLS, MBGP VPN, IPv6) as well as network security on a global scale. Network automation and tools (Salt, Python) are also a core focus of the network engineering team.
Our network engineers strive for engineering excellence through purity and elegance of design. This usually means keeping things as simple as possible rather than creating unnecessary layers of abstraction or complexity. There is still much work to do to achieve this and we are seeking a candidate who can help us maintain a high level of engineering excellence.
- Work collaboratively with a global team on engineering operations, design, and support
- Install, configure, and maintain network equipment and services such as routers, switches, firewalls, VPN endpoints, and Linux servers
- Perform network maintenance and upgrades
- Ensure network performance with monitoring
- Troubleshooting network issues and outages
- Implement network security policies
- Proactively update documentation, troubleshooting playbooks, policies, and procedures
- Use and create automation tools to deploy and operate the network
- And more generally, perform any tasks required to ensure proper network operations
This position requires participation in a 24/7 on call rotation as well as occasional availability to perform network maintenances on the weekend.
- At least 3 years experience working with routing and switching protocols
- BGP and/or OSPF
- Spanning-tree Protocol
- Experience in a Service provider (e.g. ISP/coud services) environment is very desirable, or experience with service-provider technologies such as MBGP (MPLS) VPN
- Experience of IPv6 is a plus
- Scripting skills or knowledge using Python or similar
- Direct Experience with orchestration frameworks such as Salt and Ansible is a plus
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Configuration of JunOS and Cisco IOS
- Knowledge of Juniper MX, QFX, and SRX platforms
- Linux administration and security
- Network security
- Technical writing skills including creation of high and low-level network designs