UC Project Manager III - USA
- Concourse Pkwy, Atlanta, GA 30328, USA
Boost your career with the Cloud Communications division of NTT, a leading global technology services company bringing together 28 brands including Arkadin, NTT Communications, Dimension Data, and NTT Security. By joining us you will play a key role in a business whose solutions enable a more digitally connected workspace with dynamic collaboration interactions for improved workforce efficiency, productivity and engagement.
With exceptional opportunities in our many offices around the world, your talent will find a place to develop quickly. In fact we are a people company with strong core values & talented employees committed to our mission. In return, we do our best to make sure we give our people the recognition they deserve.
Together we do great things and build a global team that is agile, engaged and able to respond to the ever-changing digital world.
If this sounds like the company you’d like to work with, we’d love to meet with you!
The UC Project Manager III is responsible for the following duties:
- Define internal Unified Communications (“UC”) project plans, which include the overall scope, goals, milestones, and timelines for deliverables, as required by Company;
- Define project organization, governance, and responsibility matrix;
- Build the UC project team and communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion and continually manage project expectations with team members;
- Organize required workshops and follow-up meetings with internal and external stakeholders to discuss updates on ongoing projects;
- Track any technical issues and risks and build appropriate contingency and mitigation plans;
- Track project change requests, evaluate impacts, and revise project implementation plans accordingly;
- Facilitate internal and external meetings to set up the time-frames and guidelines of the Roll-Out depending on the scope of the project;
- Serve as a liaison between the sales and technical departments as well as end-users to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget;
- Uphold knowledge of Microsoft UC products and additional third-party solutions to be able to train, and clearly explain the benefits and functionality of each solution as well as to be able to make recommendations in their regard during project workshops;
- Maintain accurate records regarding all aspects of the Roll-out process in Salesforce; and
- Liaise with external partners and vendors such as Polycom, Audiocodes, and Clarity Connect to support project and product implementation and delivery;
- 10% domestic and international travel for short periods to various client sites.
Minimum requirements: Five (5) years of experience leading various Unified Communications (UC) projects for a global telecommunications service provider. Experience must include, which may be gained concurrently:
- Five (5) years’ experience with customer facing technical Skype for Business / Unified Communications rollouts;
- Two (2) years’ experience with vendor dependent project delivery (Microsoft);
- Two (2) years’ experience using Salesforce.com;
- Two (2) years’ experience working with Unified Communications hardware vendors, such as Polycom/Audiocodes;
- Two (2) years’ experience working on Contact center projects, either Clarity Connect or Anywhere365;
- Two (2) years’ experience leading global customer rollouts, related to PBX replacement initiatives;
- Two (2) years’ experience with backend systems, including Microsoft services and Data Center/Network Architecture; and
- Two (2) years’ experience working with Carriers and number ports.
Job site: Atlanta, GA. 40 hours per week, 9:00am to 6:00pm. Send resume and letter of application detailing experience to Suzanne Joly, Director - People, Arkadin, Inc., 5 Concourse Pkwy #1600, Atlanta, GA 30328.
Arkadin is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEOC guidelines.