EMEA Advanced Support Engineer
- Hammersmith Grove, Hammersmith, London, UK
Boost your career with the Cloud Communications division of NTT, a leading global technology services company bringing together 28 brands including Arkadin, NTT Communications, Dimension Data, and NTT Security. By joining us you will play a key role in a business whose solutions enable a more digitally connected workspace with dynamic collaboration interactions for improved workforce efficiency, productivity and engagement.
With exceptional opportunities in our many offices around the world, your talent will find a place to develop quickly. In fact, we are a people company with strong core values & talented employees committed to our mission. In return, we do our best to make sure we give our people the recognition they deserve.
Together we do great things and build a global team that is agile, engaged and able to respond to the ever-changing digital world.
If this sounds like the company you’d like to work with, we’d love to meet with you!
Working as part of the Advanced Support Team, the Advanced Support engineer is responsible for providing high level 2nd line technical support to Arkadin customers. To be successful in this role you will be an approachable engineer with a passion for ICT.
To ensure a high level of service to our clients you must be very experienced in Incident Management and be able to provide demonstrable technical knowledge on Voice / Collaboration services. The Advanced Support Engineer must be comfortable with delivering client communication both verbally and electronically during the incident lifecycle.
Services supported - IP based voice services, network technologies (MPLS, SIP, VoIP, SBC, routers, etc..), Microsoft UC, Cisco UC and Anywhere 365 contact Centre. To be successful in this role you will have proven experience supporting some or all these services.
- Investigating, troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving technical issues related to IP-based network technologies
- Communicating effectively (both verbal and written) with our customers and internal stakeholders
- Problem solving, having a natural curiosity and demonstrating the ability to learn quickly
- Acting as a point of escalation and regional subject matter expert within the EMEA Support team
- Ensure effective Incident Management in line with Arkadin defined SLA commitments
- Manage our suppliers to ensure incident resolution in line with set SLAs
- Management of incident and service requests via Arkadin’s case management tool – Salesforce.
- Incident investigation on Arkadin service platforms on incidents escalated by Level1
- Working with Arkadin Level3 support and/or suppliers as and where necessary
- Contribute to and maintain the Company Knowledge Base
- Provide training and guidance to level1 engineers
- Drive readiness and incident resolution
- Attend training from other Arkadin operational teams – continued development
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- ITIL V3 Foundations certified is an advantage
- 3+ years as a Support Engineer in the telecommunications or SaaS sectors
- IP-based real-time multimedia communication technologies and protocols including VoIP, SIP, RTP, WebRTC, Websockets
- Troubleshooting SBC, PBX, IVR, HTTP & SIP Proxies
- Network protocol knowledge to medium level (VoIP, TCP/IP, SIP)
- Strong knowledge of the telecommunication global carrier ecosystem
- Demonstrable experience of incident and problem management
- Understand and work effectively in an ICT Service Provider environment
- Excellent customer facing communications skills (verbal and written)
- Strong customer service experience
- Strong Telecommunications Technology experience – analogue and digital
- Moderate Linux knowledge is beneficial
- Experience in using a CRM system (Eg. Salesforce)