Accounts Assistant EMEA
- 26-28 Hammersmith Grove, Hammersmith, London W6, UK
Boost your career with Arkadin, a fast growing global provider of cloud communications services and part of NTT Communications, one of the world’s largest telecommunications companies. You will play a vital role in a business whose solutions enable a more digitally connected workplace and contribute to a greener planet. With 56 operations centers in 33 countries, your talent will find a place to grow rapidly. Join a company whose people are #ContagiouslyEnthusiastic!
Based in the London's shared service finance team supporting the EMEA Arkadin subsidiaries. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your knowledge and learn new skills as well as improve existing skills. As a Account Assistant - EMEA, you will be a key member of the Accounts Payable team and will be responsible for initially taking ownership of the UK and IE subsidiaries.
- Processing invoices and other supplier transactions on the finance system (Microsoft Navision).
- Administration and reconciliation of supplier accounts.
- Supplier payment processing and posting to Navision, remittance advice generation.
- Processing of staff expenses, control, input and payment. A point of contact for employee expenses enquiries.
- A point of contact for supplier payment and invoice enquiries.
- Taking ownership and updating supplier purchase order system (Excel) with new and authorized purchase orders.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts in GBP/EUR
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts at month end.
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register
- Preparation for accruals/prepayments at month end
- Credit card reconiliation
- Various ad hoc tasks and analysis as required.
Keys to Success - Attention to detail, working quickly and accurately under pressure, meeting tight deadlines, clear English oral and written communication skills, ability to acquire and apply new skills quickly, work independently and take ownership for own work.
- Computer literacy –MS Office including Word, Excel & Outlook
- Intermediate level Excel skills (data manipulation, vlookups, sumifs etc)
- Relevant experience working within a busy finance department
- Highly organized, able to prioritise and work to deadlines while maintaining accuracy
- Proactive approach, with ability to build rapport with suppliers and internal customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-currency environment (EUR/USD/SEK/NOK etc)
- Previous Navision use would be helpful but not essential
- Multi language skills besides English (French, Spanish, German) would be hugely advantageous, but not essential.
- Any relevant certification/qualification (i.e - AAT) would be desirable.