Project Manager - Customer Technology
- 400 N 5th St, Phoenix, AZ 85004, USA
APS is Arizona’s largest and longest serving electric utility, providing power for nearly 1.2 million customers in 11 of the state’s 15 counties.
Since our founding in 1886, APS has demonstrated a strong commitment to our customers in one of the country’s fastest growing states, earning a reputation for customer satisfaction, shareholder value, operational excellence and business integrity.
Our success derives from the creative and dedicated people of our company who demonstrate our core values of accountability, safety, integrity, and trust and respect.
At APS, we focus every day on our vision: “Creating a sustainable energy future for Arizona.” We will continue to meet the energy needs of our customers with a solid combination of price and service.
Customer Technology is an exciting, dynamic area of the company that manages the installation of new technology such as batteries, solar, and advanced inverters.
The Project Manager II/III has managerial and technical oversight for the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, and closure of assigned business unit or cross-functional projects. Manages multiple projects typically lasting six (6) months to two (2) years involving multiple internal departments and/or external stakeholders. Works with leaders to determine team resources and lead multidisciplinary teams of five (5) to ten plus (10+) people. Manages budgets and project resources across one (1) to two (2) business units. Project budgets typically between $500,000 to $25,000,000 and project scopes identified as medium complexity as defined within the APS Project Complexity guidelines. Develops comprehensive execution plans. Communicates status updates and results to mid-level, inter/intra departmental management and potentially to senior executives, enterprise-wide stakeholders and, at times, external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will serve as a PM and Project Control Manager for all projects. They will have the ability to manage complex and sometimes competing priorities is required as the projects are innovative and require multiple stakeholders. This candidate with have background with negotiating contracts with the assistance of APS’s legal team. Acts as the gate keeper for all projects including other projects within the department. This role is responsible for Enterprise Project Management System (EPMS) management for the department and will also focus on electric vehicle chargers.
- Microgrid and/or energy technology related experience is highly preferred
Project Manager II Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Information Systems or related field OR an equivalent combination of college coursework and experience as a Project Manager or related responsibilities defining and/or managing project scopes, timelines, budgets and delivery equaling four (4) years, and
- Five (5) years related project management experience.
- Experience managing multiple small to medium size projects simultaneously. Extensive understanding of project management processes, principles and methodologies. General functional/technical knowledge of the business unit's line of business, practices, and procedures may be preferred or required.
- Demonstrated leadership, project management and organizational skills. Strong oral and written communication and people management skills.
- Easily adapts to change and uncertainty.
- PMP certification strongly recommended.
Project Manager III Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Information Systems or related field OR an equivalent combination of college coursework and experience as a Project Manager or related responsibilities defining and/or managing project scopes, timelines, budgets and delivery equaling four (4) years, and
- Eight (8) years related project management experience.
- PMP certification required.
- Experience managing multiple medium to large scale projects simultaneously. Extensive understanding of project management processes, principles and methodologies.
- Comprehensive functional/technical knowledge of the business unit’s line of business, practices, and procedures may be preferred or required.
- Strong critical thinking and creativity skills along with the ability to exercise sound judgment by making decisions based on accurate and timely analyses. Able to understand needs and values of stakeholders and team members and apply that understanding to motivate behaviors and results.
- Experience in directing multi-discipline teams.
- Demonstrated leadership, project management and organizational skills. Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication, negotiation, and people management skills. Adapts to changing environment, shifting priorities and uncertainty.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
You must apply on APS' website to be considered for this position. You can access the job posting by clicking the link below.