Major Account Manager
- Albany, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
This role requires an individual who is a self-starter and can demonstrate sales leadership skills, and an ability to grow the revenue contribution on a quarter-by-quarter basis while building a pipeline of opportunity for the coming year. In addition, the successful candidate will need to build a credible channel to market through appointed Arista VAR's. The candidate will also need to develop an extended eco-system of technology and business partners; as well as target and attend industry events to drive lead generation.
Key to the candidate’s success will be their ability to identify and qualify major IT spends of Fortune 1000 companies within the geo and build a strong engagement plan which creates pipeline opportunities across Arista’s entire portfolio. There is a clear expectation that the candidate will have an appreciation of technology and be able to translate Customer’s priorities into Arista’s differentiated solutions.
- Exceed measurable sales objectives and extend the Arista brand within the select enterprise and commercial accounts.
- You will be responsible for utilizing a consultative selling approach with key client stakeholders to address the business needs of hybrid cloud computing and siloed legacy IT systems across the Arista product portfolio.
- Generate new opportunities and sales presentations
- Meet with key decision-makers, and C-levels to present Arista’s value proposition.
- Partner with the Arista Systems Engineering team to design and position compelling solutions that drive down the total cost of ownership.
- Collaborate with channel partners to identify prospects and demonstrate best-in-class solutions
- Establish and manage key channel relationships in your territory.
- Formulate strategic and tactical account plans based on periodic business reviews with your prospects and customers.
- Conduct demand generation activities such as happy hours, lunch-n-learns and technology forums.
- Collaborate with Arista peers on marketing plans and best practices.
- Keep up-to-date with technology partner solutions, competing solutions, and competitor strategies.
The team: This position will typically report to a Regional Sales Director or Regional VP of Sales. You will be part of a team that includes the best field engineers in the cloud networking industry. And, you will have the support of our industry-leading Arista TAC, proof-of-concept resources, and executive team.
- At least 5+ years of experience in a similar vendor role selling networking technology into Enterprise and Commercial customers.
- Track record of achieving and exceeding sales quotas against targets.
- Ability to discuss Arista’s value proposition at an initial exploratory level meeting and also have the ability to engage at C Level with any end-user.
- Familiar with current industry trends and speak with authority regarding the role of Virtualization, SDN / Cloud, and DC/CAMPUS networking technologies/trends.
- Have Director level sales contacts within the customer base/GEO.
- Be willing and able to build a strong relationship and drive joint pipeline building activities with key Eco-System partners within the Region.
- Able to direct, build, and manage a Demand Creation campaign for the Territory.
- Understand the dynamics of building a business, of investing when necessary and balancing top-line growth with expense line management
- Strong work ethic and winning mentality.
- Articulate in communicating the steps and dependencies to closure, while managing expectations via accurate Forecasting/ reporting and open communication within Arista, Channel, and Eco / Business partners.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.