Network Systems Engineer (Pre-Sales)
- Boston, MA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Arista Networks is seeking a candidate to provide pre-sales technical systems engineering support and technical expertise to both our partners and enterprise/commercials accounts in the New England area.
What You'll Do?
- You will partner with the Arista Account Managers to understand customer pain points and conduct white board architectural reviews in addition to conducting Arista product demonstrations during customer evaluation and post-sales process.
- Perform hands-on tests to validate customer proof-of-concept setups, Data Center and/or Campus network designs, and network deployments using new products and features
- Put together design guidelines and recommend improvements to customers for the networks they support
- Partner with Sales Team to respond to RFP/RFQs
- Provide feedback to Product Management and Engineering
- Represent Arista at SDN and Open Networking industry events and conferences
- Keep up-to-date on competitive solutions, products, and services
- Author white papers on technology and product
Who Are You? Requirements:
- BS/CS/CE technical degree required
- Network Industry Certification preferred (e.g. CCIE (R&S), JNCIE)
- You posses a minimum of 5+ of L2/L3 networking design and implementation expereince with a focus on Data Center and Campus networks.
- Demonstrated work experience as either a Sales Engineer, Solutions Architect, Pre-Sales SE or Network Consulting Engineer preferred
- Expert knowledge in the following areas: Ethernet, RSTP/ MSTP, VLANs, IP Routing, TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, eBGP, VxLAN, Multicast, Spanning Tree, QoS
- Expert level knowledge of industry-standard CLI
- Expereince with SDN and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) highly desired.
- Previous experience building network automation using Python and Ansible desired.
- Knowledge of competitive products, solutions, and services
- Ability to write white papers a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.