Network Advanced Services Engineer
- Boston, MA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Arista Networks was founded to pioneer and deliver software driven cloud networking solutions for large data center storage and computing environments. Arista’s award-winning platforms, ranging in Ethernet speeds from 10 to 400 gigabits per second, redefine scalability, agility and resilience. Arista has shipped more than 20 million cloud networking ports worldwide with CloudVision and EOS, an advanced network operating system. Committed to open standards, Arista is a founding member of the 25/50GbE consortium. Arista Networks products are available worldwide directly and through partners.
What Will You Do? Arista seeks an Advanced Services Engineer to provide advanced post-sales support, guidance and assistance to account teams to address specific customer needs. In this position, you will be working as a technology expert in the routing & switching space to design, implement, and support (troubleshoot) the deployment of Data Center and Campus based networks for our enterprise and commercial accounts in New England. The ideal candidate will also have a level of comfort communicating across all functions within Arista, as well as with clients and partners.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- You will provide advanced post-sales support including the design, deployment, configuration and troubleshooting of network overlay networks.
- Mentor and conduct training for customer Engineers on the Arista products
- Review customer network designs for an EVPN, VxLAN, leaf-spine architecture and make recommendations for deployment
- Migrate or interconnect to/from Cisco, Juniper and other vendors to Arista infrastructure
- Assist with configuration build outs including creating network provisioning automation using Python and tools such as Chef or Ansible
- Assist with implementation and change controls
- You will assist with proof of concepts (POC) and in-depth testing to validate design scenario
- Provide bug scrubs and code recommendations
- Provide interface to TAC and internal development teams and the customer
- You will provide customer advice regarding architectural questions, product prerequisites, product features, etc.
- Translate complex business requirements into Leaf-Spine Network solutions
- Assist Pre-Sales Engineer and Account Executives with designing Network solutions
- Establish and maintaining strong relationships with key partners
- Attend key partner events, training sessions, and provide ongoing training with the customer teams globally
- Continue training to maintain expertise
- Ability to understand the client’s business objectives and technical needs
- Ability to meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for sales and clients
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment
- Maintain professional relationships with teammates, partners, and clients
- Some travel may be required within assigned territory
Who Are You?
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Network Industry Certification preferred (e.g. CCIE (R&S), JNCIE)
- 5+ years’ working experience with network technologies including network design and deployments of Campus and Data Center networks. Knowledge of leaf-spine architectures highly desired.
- Previous experience deploying network overlays preferred.
- 5+ years’ minimum experience with Cisco-based technologies focusing on infrastructure and voice
- Demonstrated experience in technical post-sales, as either a Network Consulting Engineer or as an Advanced Systems (AS) Engineer preferred
- Experience with Cisco enterprise routing/switching within large data center enterprise customers (Catalyst, Nexus, ASR)
- Expert knowledge in the following areas: Ethernet, VLANs, VxLAN, EVPN, IP Routing, TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, eBGP, Multicast, QoS
- Expertise in at least one area of Data Center related technologies - Openstack, SDN, NFV, Load Balancers, Virtualization, Linux tools
- Expert level knowledge of industry-standard CLI
- Ability to write white papers a plus
- Background in Perl, Python, Scripting for creating network automation is highly desired
- Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills
- Excellent written skills and the ability to do related documentation and ticket tracking of opportunities/meeting follow-up
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.