Network Advanced Services Engineer
- Raleigh, NC, USA
What Will You Do? Arista seeks an Advanced Services Engineer to provide advanced post-sales support, guidance and assistance to account teams to address specific customer needs. In this position, you will be working as a technology expert in the Routing & Switching space to design, implement, and support (troubleshoot) our deployments within a number of customer infrastructures. The ideal candidate will also have a level of comfort communicating across all functions within Arista, as well as with clients and partners.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- You will provide advanced post-sales support for a large Arista Data Center networking deployment for a large SP customer.
- Review customer network designs for an EVPN, VxLAN, leaf-spine architecture and make recommendations for deployment
- Migrate or interconnect to/from Cisco, Juniper and other vendors to Arista infrastructure
- Assist with configuration build outs including creating network provisioning automation using Python and tools such as Chef or Ansible
- Assist with implementation and change controls
- You will assist with proof of concepts (POC) and in-depth testing to validate design scenario
- Provide bug scrubs and code recommendations
- Provide interface to TAC and internal development teams and the customer
- You will provide customer advice regarding architectural questions, product prerequisites, product features, etc.
- Translate complex business requirements into Leaf-Spine Network solutions
- Assist Pre-Sales Engineer and Account Executives with designing Network solutions
- Establish and maintaining strong relationships with key partners
- Attend key partner events, training sessions, and provide ongoing training with the customer teams globally
- Continue training to maintain expertise
- Ability to understand the client’s business objectives and technical needs
- Ability to meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for sales and clients
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment
- Maintain professional relationships with teammates, partners, and clients
- Some travel may be required within assigned territory
Who Are You?
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Network Industry Certification preferred (e.g. CCIE (R&S), JNCIE)
- 5+ years’ working experience with network technologies including network design and deployments of Campus and Data Center networks. Knowledge of leaf-spine arhcitectures highly desired.
- 5+ years’ minimum experience with Cisco-based technologies focusing on infrastructure and voice
- Demonstrated experience in technical post-sales, as either a Network Consulting Engineer or as an Advanced Systems (AS) Engineer preferred
- Experience with Cisco enterprise routing/switching within large data center enterprise customers (Catalyst, Nexus, ASR)
- Expert knowledge in the following areas: Ethernet, VLANs, VxLAN, EVPN, IP Routing, TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, eBGP, Multicast, QoS
- Expertise in at least one area of Data Center related technologies - Openstack, SDN, NFV, Load Balancers, Virtualization, Linux tools
- Expert level knowledge of industry-standard CLI
- Ability to write white papers a plus
- Background in Perl, Python, Scripting for creating network automation is highly desired
- Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills
- Excellent written skills and the ability to do related documentation and ticket tracking of opportunities/meeting follow-up
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.