IT Cloud & System Engineer
- Agiou Andreou 3, Ag. Paraskevi 153 43, Greece
Archirodon, having earned its reputation as a reliable and respected international contractor for more than a half century in the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) market, continues to create value to its stakeholders by executing complex EPC projects worldwide, in recognition of its superior standards of performance.
We have an outstanding record in completing major Energy, Marine, Infrastructure and Defense & Security projects around the globe and we pride ourselves on delivering over the years the kind of reliability and trust that the client has the right to expect from a major EPC contractor.
We are constantly growing and are currently looking for a knowledgeable and self-driven IT Cloud & System Engineer to join forces with our international close-knit and knowledgeable IT team, while working in our Athens Office.
Are you an experienced Cloud Administrator/ System Engineer who masters Windows-related ecosystem, enjoys challenges and learning new things on the fly? Would you like to be part of a dynamic EPC leader with global presence?
Join our worldwide journey.
You will be responsible for configuring and maintaining cloud services as well as computing environments by identifying system requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring system performance. Ultimately, you will help us to make sure that the Cloud environment is up & running and thus our people can seamlessly do their work.
Sounds exciting? Read on.
What you will need to do:
Day in day out you will be asked to do, among others, the following:
- Perform documentation for Active Directory solutions, work with second level support for implementation; serve as a third level escalation support to drive complex incidents or issue resolution.
- Identify scope, tasks, timeline, budget and documentation requirements
- Translate business needs into long-term architecture solutions; integrate applications authentication and authorization based on requirements to on-prem and cloud solutions
- Act as focal point of contact for IT Infrastructure for the organization
- Drive plan to migrate existing systems to Azure
- Ensure the continuing operation and optimization of the servers, backup devices, operating systems etc.
- Setup and maintain physical and virtual environments
- Investigate, test, install and upgrade new hardware/software
- Provide servers’ management including maintenance, administration and configuration of all server applications
- Perform routine administration tasks including backup and restore, procedures and managing off-site and on-site tape storage
- Establish system specifications by conferring with users; analyse workflow, access, information, and security requirements; design system infrastructure; plan and execute the installation, configuration and testing; define system and operational policies
What you will need to have:
- A Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in working with Windows systems administration in large environments; if you have international exposure and/or experience working with geographically dispersed teams, it would be gladly welcomed
- Strong knowledge in Active Directory and Office 365
- Experienced in Microsoft Azure,
- If you worked within the Construction sector, it will be a definite asset
- Security and network awareness
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) or equivalent it will be a definite asset
- Proven record of continuous learning in the system engineering field
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Willingness to travel around to international site project locations (think Middle East, Central Asia and Africa to start with), especially in their kick-off stage
You are someone who:
- Is result-driven and bottom-line oriented
- Enjoys to find solutions to new (or old) problems; you are resourceful and an ownership taker
- Can work with minimum supervision and is eager to develop and get exposed to new things every day!
- Can prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Communicates effectively and with ease
- Is a true team member; you collaborate effectively without creating frictions while showing care and concern for your peers
- Enjoys challenge, working with different cultures and travelling!
What’s in it for you:
Competitive salary and benefits are part of the offering, yet the real joy comes from being a member of smart and passionate teams, within an international leading EPC Group on a mission that matters. We create mega construction projects - literally around the globe - with meaningful impact on the local communities for the years to come. At Archirodon, you will find a proud, productive and human-centric culture, caring for and building on our people and their development!
Archirodon keeps growing and we will be soon moving to our new offices in Koropi!
Please note that you will be contacted only in case you are shortlisted for an interview. In the meantime, do not hesitate to stay in touch and keep monitoring our open vacancies and our LinkedIn page! Rest assured that your application will be treated with strict confidentiality and under all applicable data privacy regulations.