- -, Jeddah, Makkah Province, Saudi Arabia
Archirodon, having earned its reputation as a reliable and respected international contractor for more than a half century in the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) market, continues to create value to its stakeholders by executing complex EPC projects worldwide, in recognition of its superior standards of performance.
We have an outstanding record in completing major Energy, Marine, Infrastructure and Defense & Security projects around the globe and we pride ourselves on delivering over the years the kind of reliability and trust that the client has the right to expect from a major EPC contractor.
We are constantly growing and are currently looking for an IT Officer to join our operations initially in Jeddah KSA.
Are you an IT Officer with at least eight (8) years’ experience in a similar role and at least one (2) Heavy Industrial Construction Company in Gulf Region? We’d like to meet you! The successful candidate will join us in one of our KSA site and if you have a transferable IQAMA, it could be a definite asset.
The successful candidate will provide to all our employees appropriate and timely solutions to their requests in a friendly and empowering manner. You will assist users in solving problems using available hardware and software tools. Also, support, install, and maintain personal computers, local area networks, operating systems, software, and related IT-sanctioned peripherals.
You will have the chance to get exposed to an international working environment, you will communicate with employees of all levels, from interns to C-level executives and we will count on your trouble-shooting skills as to ensure that everyone is efficiently supported and trained with regards to our IT systems and applications..
What you will need to do:
- Ensures the continuing operation and optimization of the servers, backup devices, Operating systems, email, printing, Windows update, virus protection, etc.
- Setups and maintains physical and virtual environments for Windows Servers, Linux Servers and test servers.
- Investigates, tests, installs and upgrades new and hardware/software products for servers.
- Troubleshoots and provides accurate, creative solutions to technical problems on servers’ platforms while ensuring minimum down time & user satisfaction.
- Assists Helpdesk/User Support engineers in case of excess workload.
- Provides servers’ management including maintenance, administration and configuration of all server applications.
- Performs routine administration tasks including backup and restore procedures and managing off-site and on-site tape storage.
- Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
- Secures system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation.
- Creates and maintains a rigid disaster recovery plan.
- Maintains professional knowledge on technology changes, issues, trends, advances by attending courses/meetings/displays/site visits, user group meeting, conferences, magazines, newsletter, internet, etc
- Meets with users (internal & external) and vendors, contractors etc to discuss and determines changes and improvements to systems and procedures.
- Controls hardware and software usages and provides accurate and detailed documentation for their updated inventory.
- Controls and monitors supplies for IT equipment, providing feedback to management to correct any related problems.
- Ensures the correct licensing for all software used and provide feedback to management to correct any related problems.
What you will need to have:
- University Level Qualification; Master degree in related areas will be highly welcomed
- Certification Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) and/ or Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS).
- Minimum of three (8) years’ experience as IT Officer or relevant job role
- If you have a transferable IQAMA the better
- Very good command (written and oral) of the English language
You are someone who:
- Demonstrate superior training, interpersonal and communications skills
- Are tenacious and hold positive energy; some sense of humour is always appreciated!
- Are able to self-manage and prioritize tasks
- Are flexible and eager to take initiatives
- Are effective at solving problems, trouble-shooting and making timely decisions
- Display a team spirit, particularly in a multicultural environment
What's in it for you:
Competitive salary and benefits are part of the offering, yet the real joy comes from being a member of smart and passionate teams, within an international leading EPC Group on a mission that matters. We create mega construction projects - literally around the globe - with meaningful impact on the local communities for the years to come. At Archirodon, you will find a proud, productive and human-centric culture, caring for and building on our people and their development!
Please note that you will be contacted only in case you are shortlisted for an interview. In the meantime, do not hesitate to stay in touch and keep monitoring our open vacancies and our LinkedIn page! Rest assured that your application will be treated with strict confidentiality and under all applicable data privacy regulation