- Agiou Andreou 3, Agia Paraskevi, Greece
Archirodon, having earned its reputation as a reliable and respected international contractor for more than a half century in the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) market, continues to create value to its stakeholders by executing complex EPC projects worldwide, in recognition of its superior standards of performance.
We have an outstanding record in completing major Energy, Marine, Infrastructure and Defense & Security projects around the globe and we pride ourselves on delivering over the years the kind of reliability and trust that the client has the right to expect from a major EPC contractor.
We are constantly growing and are currently looking for a full of potential and reliable Procurement Manager to join our top qualified and knowledgeable Procurement team in our Athens Office. Are you ready to travel, be part of and learn from an international dynamic team? Do you enjoy working with different cultures and travelling around the world?
Join our journey! Build towards excellence!
Are you a self-motivated Procurement Manager professional, looking for a new role to get passionate about? Would you like to be part of a dynamic EPC leader with global presence? We’d like to meet you!
In this role, you will be involved in impactful mega international EPC projects and you will have the opportunity to grow within a world class team.
You will play a critical role in our big EPC projects as we will count on you for assigning at Divisional level and is working under the direction of the Corporate Procurement Department Manager. Furthermore, you will be able to cover the following:
- Overall supervision of procurement activities for all different disciplines (Procurement, Expediting and Logistics) under the Division or Projects assigned
- When mobilized on large Project (during start-up), the Senior Procurement Manager is responsible to ensure a proper organization (Resources, IMS, APICS) is implemented
- When a dedicated Project Procurement Team is mobilized, the Senior Procurement Manager will ensure through direct guidance, reporting and site visits that the Procurement scope is delivered as per Schedule and Budget
- Interface on a regular basis with the concerned Division and relevant Project Director or Project manager to ensure the Procurement and Subcontract activities are fully supported
- Shall coordinate as well within the Supply Chain Department with other supporting disciplines (Subcontract, Logistics, Stores, Local regional office) or relevant Category Leads when required
- The Senior Procurement Manager under the guidance of the Corporate Procurement manager will make sure the proper allocation of resource is in place between the centralized procurement team and the site
What you will need to do:
- Development of a Procurement strategies for preparation and presentation to the Division Management, Project Management and Corporate Procurement Management
- Establish in agreement with the Project Management the Procurement Execution Plan, Logistic Plan detailing Project organization and activities for the Procurement items, works or services
- Implement and drive the procurement strategies in order to meet cost savings targets
- Direct involvement in the strategy definition and management of main Subcontracts
- Supervise and make sure the Project Procurement Plan and Procurement Tracking Schedule are maintained on each Project including organization of interface meeting with other disciplines to plan and monitor all coming activities as well as schedule update
- Supervise or organize directly Procurement activities for materials, services, Sub-contracts in order to provide effective and efficient services to meet the Project and Client needs
- Ensure the key stake holders (Division Management, Corporate Procurement, Category Leads, Technical expert) have been involved in the procurement process when required
- Ensure a close, continuous and efficient interface with Engineering, Project Control, Construction, Quality and Stores dept is in place at Project level
- Ensure commercial, legal and contractual compliances in all the procurement transactions within the team
- Propose negotiation strategies and lead commercial and contractual negotiations when required
- Ensure the compliance with the Procurement Procedures and Client Contractual requirements
- Coordinate with his Project Procurement team the Procurement activities from the issue of the Material Requisitions up to the delivery of materials at the Site, and assure the Vendor's assistance at Site during Construction and Commissioning activities
- Ensure proper negotiation with Vendors and Subcontractors (T&C, schedule, commercial aspects etc.), commercial evaluation of proposals and selection of Vendors
- Ensure proper Contracts/Agreements finalization and Contract follow up including management of changes
- Coordinate the Expediting team and ensure the material delivery in full compliance with the agreement and project’s requirements
- Analyze the areas of concern (for procurement related activities), identify risks/impact in project execution and suggest possible solutions and corrective actions
- Issue monthly Procurement Reports (Procurement Plan, Procurement Budget and Expediting Report) to the Corporate Procurement Management
- Ensure the proper filing and close out of the Procurement activities
- Train team on effective procurement processes and strategy
What you will need to have:
- University degree in Engineering (Civil/Mechanical/Electrical)
- Overall 10 years’ experience in civil works including 5 years’ as Procurement Manager on large Projects
- Previous experience in large Marine or Infrastructure construction project
- Significant mobility is required between home base office and any Project site worldwide (up to 50% of his time)
- Excellent leadership, communication and co-operation skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships and manage reporting at Division, Project and Corporate level with people of various cultures & nationalities
- Fluency in the English (oral and written)
- Excellent analytical skills
What it is nice to have:
- Previous experience with Projects in Middle East or/and North Africa
- Good knowledge of ERP systems and any other related software
You are someone who:
- Is confident of your abilities and you like to present new problem-solving ideas
- Displays active listening skills and ability to build rapport easily
- Can develop and get exposed to new things every day!
- Can prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Enjoys challenge, working with different cultures and travelling!
- Is resourceful and ownership taker
- Pays extreme attention to detail
What is in it for you:
Competitive salary and benefits are part of the offering, yet the real joy comes from being a member of smart and passionate teams, within an international leading EPC Group on a mission that matters. We create mega construction projects - literally around the globe - with meaningful impact on the local communities for the years to come. At Archirodon, you will find a proud, productive and human-centric culture, caring for and building on our people and their development!
Please note that you will be contacted only in case you are shortlisted for an interview. In the meantime, do not hesitate to stay in touch and keep monitoring our open vacancies and our LinkedIn page! Rest assured that your application will be treated with strict confidentiality and under all applicable data privacy regulations.