Technical Office Manager
- Laayoune, Morocco, Laayoune, Morocco, Morocco
Archirodon, having earned its reputation as a reliable and respected international contractor for more than a half century in the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) market, continues to create value to its stakeholders by executing complex EPC projects worldwide, in recognition of its superior standards of performance.
We have an outstanding record in completing major Energy, Marine, Infrastructure and Defense & Security projects around the globe and we pride ourselves on delivering over the years the kind of reliability and trust that the client has the right to expect from a major EPC contractor.
We are constantly growing and are currently looking for an experienced and reliable Technical Office Manager to join our top qualified and knowledgeable Construction team sizable port project in Morocco, Laayoune (think Canary islands at a glimpse!) of around 500mil USD value.
Are you a self-motivated professional, looking for a new role to get passionate about? Would you like to be part of a dynamic EPC leader with global presence? We’d like to meet you!
You will be responsible for managing your project technical team so as to cover the technical requirements at site .
You will play a critical role in our project as we will count on you for assigning the below responsibilities to the staff of your Technical Office and making sure that deliverables will be furnished in a timely and qualitative manner.
What you will need to do:
- Design coordination; effectively handle the communication between Designer / Consultant and the construction team, ensuring each party understands and implements the requirements of the other
- Manage the Technical documents and Drawings; review and timely submit as well as the subsequent Engineer’s or Client’s approvals follow up of the project shop drawings and Technical reports
- Design of temporary works
- Identify, conceptualize, and communicate with other company entities as per the requirements of the construction team
- Material purchase; preparation of purchase requests for permanent materials, evaluation of vendors technical submittals and supervise the material submissions
- Materials control; establish the company’s Materials control system in order to control the wastages of the main permanent and the critical non-permanent materials
- Coordinate constructability reviews
- Support the Construction Section Heads / Engineers in the preparation of construction documentation such as Method Statements, Lifting plans, procedures, etc.
- Review and sign-off quantity measurements and material take-off (utilizing the Technical Office QS Engineers)
- Obtain and maintain the required permits from all related project stakeholders
- Attend technical meetings with Client, Subcontractors, Vendors in order to suggest technical proposals as required
- Manage the Design Change Requests (not by Client) and communicate or raise any Technical Queries as require
What you will need to have:
- Meng in Civil Engineering
- Min. ten (10) years’ of working related experience in large Infrastructure projects and at least one (1) successfully delivered EPC project as a Technical Office Manager at a similar level
- Experience in bridge works, jetties and trestle structures in general is Mandatory Required
- Experience in booster wells, pumps houses, district cooling plants, sewage treatment plants, and other similar industrial usage projects is highly preferable
- Proven ability in evaluating technical documents (i.e. method statements) in order to be able handling Engineering issues
- Excellent command (written and oral) of English
- Fluency in French language would be highly preferred; basic understanding is considered a minimum. In lieu of French language, knowledge of Arabic is required
- Experience in open ocean jetty construction is considered an asset
You are someone who:
- Can be counted on to achieve goals, demonstrating a fighting spirit and perseverance
- Can prioritize and organise the work in a high-pressure environment
- Is able to foster strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Is resourceful and ownership taker
- Enjoys challenge, working with different cultures and travelling!
What is in it for you:
Expat package is on the shelf, yet the real joy comes from being a member of smart and passionate teams, within an international leading EPC Group on a mission that matters. We create mega construction projects - literally around the globe - with meaningful impact on the local communities for the years to come. At Archirodon, you will find a proud, productive and human-centric culture, caring for and building on our people and their development!
Please note that you will be contacted only in case you are shortlisted for an interview. In the meantime, do not hesitate to stay in touch and keep monitoring our open vacancies and our LinkedIn page! Rest assured that your application will be treated with strict confidentiality and under all applicable data privacy regulations.