Senior Project Controls Engineer
- Agiou Andreou, Ag. Paraskevi, Greece
Archirodon, having earned its reputation as a reliable and respected international contractor for more than a half century in the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) market, continues to create value to its stakeholders by executing complex EPC projects worldwide, in recognition of its superior standards of performance.
We have an outstanding record in completing major Energy, Marine, Infrastructure and Defense & Security projects around the globe and we pride ourselves on delivering over the years the kind of reliability and trust that the client has the right to expect from a major EPC contractor.
We are constantly growing and are currently looking for a Senior Project Controls Engineer to join our team in the Athens Office.
You will be supporting projects that are located abroad and contribute to the operational efficiency of the Project Controls department. You will assist in monitoring, updating and reporting the project status and contribute to the team effort to meet the project’s objectives in terms of scope, cost and time.
What you will need to do:
Your role may include but not limited to the following:
- Monitor cost performance, follow the progress of works and assist in the preparation of budget forecasts
- Perform comparative analysis between actual and budgeted performance in terms of cost, productivity, staffing and review variances
- Provide recommendations for improvement actions regarding cost and schedule performance
- Provide support to Project Controls Site teams
- Review actuals and their allocation to appropriate cost centres
- Prepare the Company’s internal project controls reports and presentations
- Review project performance reports and present to Management
- Assist in preparation of claims and variations
- Identify, communicate risks and changes and verify the cost impact
- Support Proposal teams on behalf of Project Controls Department
- Assist the Project Controls Managers and Project Managers in their tasks as required
- Develop training material for Project Controls functions and systems
- Act as “champion” in the development and implementation of Project Controls systems company-wide
- Assist in development and deployment of Project Controls and Corporate initiatives
- Follow and implement the established Project Controls’ processes as well as Company’s policies and procedures
What you will need to have:
- B.Eng. in Engineering or BSc in Quantity Surveying; Master’s degree in related areas will be highly welcomed
- At least six (6) years of prior experience in the Construction industry, preferably in large-scale, complex projects
- Knowledge of basic financial concepts
- Demonstrated experience in project controls concepts including earned value method and use of project management tools
- Engineering, Procurement, Construction planning and contractual awareness
- Computer literacy, including use of MS Office; Knowledge of Primavera (P3 or P6) is a plus
- Very good command (written and oral) of the English language
- Mobility to travel around project locations when required
- EPC Oil & Gas related and Project Controls project experience is considered a definite asset
You are someone who:
- Displays good interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) and build rapport easily
- Can be counted on to achieve goals, demonstrating a fighting spirit and perseverance
- Is keen to learn and grow professionally
- Is flexible and eager to take initiatives
- Demonstrates sound Project Management Skills
- Is effective at solving problems, trouble-shooting and making timely decisions
- Displays a team spirit, particularly in a multicultural environment
- Is commercially astute
What is in it for you:
Competitive salary and benefits are part of the offering, yet the real joy comes from being a member of smart and passionate teams, within an international leading EPC Group on a mission that matters. We create mega construction projects - literally around the globe - with meaningful impact on the local communities for the years to come. At Archirodon, you will find a proud, productive and human-centric culture, caring for and building on our people and their development!
Please note that you will be contacted only in case you are shortlisted for an interview. In the meantime, do not hesitate to stay in touch and keep monitoring our open vacancies and our LinkedIn page! Rest assured that your application will be treated with strict confidentiality and under all applicable data privacy regulations.