Senior Procurement Engineer- Category Lead
- Agiou Andreou 3, Ag. Paraskevi 153 43, Greece
Archirodon, having earned its reputation as a reliable and respected international contractor for more than a half century in the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) market, continues to create value to its stakeholders by executing complex EPC projects worldwide, in recognition of its superior standards of performance.
We have an outstanding record in completing major Energy, Marine, Infrastructure and Defense & Security projects around the globe and we pride ourselves on delivering over the years the kind of reliability and trust that the client has the right to expect from a major EPC contractor.
We are constantly growing and are currently looking for an experienced Senior Procurement Engineer (Category Lead) to join our knowledgeable Procurement team in our Athens Office. Are you ready to contribute to our Projects’ performance optimisation and smooth operation?
Build towards excellence and join our worldwide journey!
Interfacing with global vendors and across departments/divisions, you will be working within our international Procurement team being responsible both for Category and Tender & Operations Project materials, works and services, aiming to create benefit to the Company by implementing effective procurement strategies and ensure all deliverables are delivered as per the Procurement Plan requirements (Timeline, Pricing, Documentation).
You will ensure that all Category materials, works and services are analysed, investigated and handled under the applied procurement strategy and all Tender & Operations materials are delivered on time, on cost and on quality, ultimately contributing to the business efficiency and optimization.
What you will need to do:
- Be responsible to develop and implement a global strategy for Strategic Products/Services Categories assigned
- Adhere to procurement guidelines and work in full compliance with approved procedures, using available APICS Procurement tools and in accordance with Archirodon IMS System.
- Perform rigorous analysis based on internal category data available and market research, co-develop savings hypotheses and analyses around hypotheses
- Re-assess continuously the procurement strategy defined and ensure the adequate route to market for each service/product is developed.
- Support the bi-weekly Corporate Management report, action plan alignment, proposed strategy and resources assigned.
- Propose negotiation strategies and participate in the final negotiation (pricing, contract finalization) and exploring gain-share mechanism with suppliers
- Support the preparation of the final recommendation package for Corporate Management review and presentation to the senior Management
- Manage the Frame Agreement implementation and follow-up including monitoring of performance KPI’s defined with the supplier and regular sponsor meeting
- Support the Tendering or Project Team when it is required
What you will need to have:
- Beng or equivalent in Civil Engineering; Master’s degree in relevant areas will be highly welcomed
- Minimum five (7) years of work experience in procurement or site engineering role with procurement responsibilities.
- Travelling mobility (up to 20% of your working time) and willingness to travel around to international project locations (think Middle East, Central Asia and Africa to start with)
- Fluency in English
What is it nice to have:
- Active involvement and experience in Procurement Category assessments
- Marine & Infrastructure construction experience
- Previous experience in Middle East or/and North Africa
- Good contractual knowledge
You are someone who:
- Displays excellent interpersonal and communication skills, building meaningful relationships
- Negotiates with ease; you work towards win-win outcomes and achieving value-added results
- Can be counted on to achieve goals; you demonstrate a fighting spirit and perseverance in making things happen
- Is proactive thinker and keen to take initiatives; you think ahead and act before an issue becomes an actual problem
- Has analytical thinking and is effective at solving problems; you can trouble-shoot and make timely decisions
- Displays a team spirit; you can collaborate smoothly and support the team when required
- Is commercially astute; you “talk” and understand business
What is in it for you:
Competitive salary and benefits are part of the offering, yet the real joy comes from being a member of smart and passionate teams, within an international leading EPC Group on a mission that matters. We create mega construction projects - literally around the globe - with meaningful impact on the local communities for the years to come. At Archirodon, you will find a proud, productive and human-centric culture, caring for and building on our people and their development!