Graduate Project Controls Electrical Engineer (Middle East, North Africa & Central Asia)
- International, International, OTHER
Archirodon, having earned its reputation as a reliable and respected international contractor for more than a half century in the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) market, continues to create value to its stakeholders by executing complex EPC projects worldwide, in recognition of its superior standards of performance.
We have an outstanding record in completing major Energy, Marine, Infrastructure and Defense & Security projects around the globe and we pride ourselves on delivering over the years the kind of reliability and trust that the client has the right to expect from a major EPC contractor.
We are constantly growing and are currently looking for full of potential fresh graduates to join our top qualified and knowledgeable Project Controls team abroad across our international operations (think Middle East, North Africa and Central Asia to start with) and develop their career within the function as they gradually grow within their role.
Are you aiming to pursue an international Construction career? Are you ready to travel, be part of and learn from an international dynamic team? Are you a self-motivated fresh Engineer, looking for a new role to get passionate about? Would you like to be part of a dynamic EPC leader with global presence? We’d like to meet you!
Do you aspire to develop a career in Projects Controls function, starting-up your career within an EPC leader? Join our worldwide journey!
You will receive insightful formal and on-the-job training with your new colleagues and you will have the chance to get exposed across the full spectrum of Project Controls span in international projects of great complexity and magnitude and develop professionally as your experience and duties evolve.
What you will need to do:
As you learn and grow within your role, your duties will increasingly include but not limited to:
- Assist in monitoring cost performance and any variations, follow the progress of works and variations and support in the preparation of budget forecasts
- Draft project-specific Project Controls Procedures as per contract requirements.
- Participate in establishing project cost centres and allocate costs accordingly.
- Assist in the preparation of claims and variation
- Initiate, coordinate and maintain Project List(s) of Deliverables including those for project procedures and plans, engineering, procurement, material submittals, method statements etc.
- Put together procurement packages including quantities take-off, contract specifications and technical requirements, delivery schedule etc.
- Initiate and maintain Procurement Status and Subcontractors Register.
- Assist in drafting subcontract agreements and negotiate sub-contract prices.
- Ensure that project records and diaries are properly maintained.
- Collaborate with quantity surveyors in preparing and submitting monthly payment requests.
- Participate in preparing Project internal and external reports as per Department’s standards.
What you will need to have:
- B.Eng. in Electrical Engineering from a well-recognised university; Master’s degree in related areas will be highly welcomed
- Strong evidence of achievement through your academic years and / or your entry – level working experience
- We are aiming for potential and aptitude versus experience; however, if you have a junior level working exposure will help you to familiarise yourself with our processes and operations more quickly
- Knowledge of basic financial concepts
- Proven experience in project controls concepts including earned value method and use of project management tools
- Engineering, Procurement, Construction planning and contractual basic understanding
- Computer literacy, including use of MS Office; Knowledge of Primavera (P3 or P6) is a plus
- Excellent command (written and oral) of the English language
- Full mobility to join one of our international operations and travel around project locations when required
You are someone who:
- Is passionate about his/her field and driven to succeed
- Displays strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) and build rapport easily
- Is resourceful and ownership taker
- Can be counted on to achieve goals, demonstrating a fighting spirit and perseverance
- Learns on the fly; aims to turn any experience into lessons learned
- Is creative problem solver, thriving at troubleshooting and making timely decisions
- Displays a team spirit, particularly in a multicultural environment
What is in it for you:
Expat package is on the shelf, yet the real joy comes from being a member of smart and passionate teams, within an international leading EPC Group on a mission that matters. We create mega construction projects - literally around the globe - with meaningful impact on the local communities for the years to come. At Archirodon, you will find a proud, productive and human-centric culture, caring for and building on our people and their development!
Please note that you will be contacted only in case you are shortlisted for an interview. In the meantime, do not hesitate to stay in touch and keep monitoring our open vacancies and our LinkedIn page! Rest assured that your application will be treated with strict confidentiality and under all applicable data privacy regulations.