Technical Project Manager
- ., New York, NY, us
Archer IT is a NYC based recruiting firm and trusted adviser to leading companies in the financial services, investment banking, fintech, and media industries across North America. Our client, has a current position available for a Technical Project Manager in New York.
A leading financial services firm has a current opening for a Technical Project Manager to work on Web applications that will be used by millions of customers around the world. You’ll be part of the Web Engineering team whose mandate is to develop new customer facing products and platforms. Web Engineering team’s seek to build interactive experiences at all touch points of a consumer's journey. You will be working in a fast-paced environment with the stability of working for a Fortune 100 company. In this role, you will be working with product owners, engineering managers and engineers to deliver web products. You should be familiar with modern software development methodologies
- Drive the development and delivery of technical products and solutions for our customers.
- Coordinate with product, business, technical, and other partners to prioritize, plan, and execute development schedules in-line with product development initiatives and regulatory needs.
- Use technical acumen to provide design alternatives and support team in technical issue resolution.
- Identify and track team velocity, financials, and other critical metrics in relation to the project/program and its plan
- Provide transparency into gaps, issues, risks and opportunities across scrum teams, tackle impediments
- Drive program, release level and enterprise improvement and standardization activities using SAFe as the primary framework
- Provide in-house, informal agile mentoring to our product and business teams (optional)
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 2 year of experience with algorithms, data structures, design patterns, HTML, Java, object-oriented design and coding across a variety of platforms.
- 3 years of progressively responsible experience with technical delivery and IT project management using Agile Methodology.
- Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions on time, on budget, and to spec.
- 2 or more years of financial services industry experience required.
- Proven ability to deliver complex software features iteratively and expertly.
- Strong understanding of SAFe or iterative development processes, including quality and testing practices
- Possess a high degree of technical savvy, with a keen ability to learn new technology quickly and easily
- Adaptive communication
- Collaboration & teamwork
This is a full-time position.