UI / UX Designer
- Midtown, New York, NY
Archer IT is a NYC based recruiting firm and trusted adviser to leading companies in the financial services, investment banking, fintech, and media industries across North America. Our client, has a current position available for a UI / UX Designer in New York.
As a Ui / UX Designer with a leading investment bank you will work with a team dedicated to building outstanding digital products used by thousands of finance professionals every day. These products aid in the creation, distribution, and marketing of investment research (and other financial products).
Key responsibilities will include:
- Helping to design the direction and user experience for new products as well as improving existing products.
- Collaborating with project managers, engineers, designers and stakeholders.
- Designing, iterating and delivering comprehensive wires and user flows.
- Creating low to high fidelity prototypes to help test and explain solutions.
- Conducting user interviews to test, prove or disprove design solutions/hypothesis.
- Creating documentation, provide guidance to engineers to implement your solutions. This includes design annotations, document flows and overall specifications.
- Providing guidance and advocating for the best user experience during the implementation phase.
- Developing a UX and UI pattern system for all current and future products/services.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate a refined eye for UI design and strong sense of visual design principles.
Your skills also include:
- 5-10 years of experience creating UX/UI for mobile, desktop and web.
- Excellent communication skills and great attention to details.
- The ability to take complex issues and distilled them into simple and intuitive interfaces.
- The ability to create prototypes, we love Adobe XD and Sketch.
- The ability to design, deliver, review, iterate your design solutions.
- Experience annotating designs, creating specs and guidance for engineering.
- Experience working closely with engineers, provide guidance during development and QA phase.
This is a contract position.