Manager of Accounting
- 339 E Liberty St, Ann Arbor, MI 48104, USA
Advancing healthcare through data science is our mission. Delivering high impact, intuitive technology and analytics is our passion.
We are driven by outcomes. Our tailored healthcare intelligence solutions are central to identifying actionable insights that advance care and improve patient outcomes, drive physician engagement and productivity, and enable success with value-based payment models and CMS quality reporting. We deliver clinically-rich solutions that lead to results that have a real impact on real people.
ArborMetrix is looking for an experienced Accounting Manager to be a key member of the Accounting and Finance team for this fast-growing technology company based in Ann Arbor, Michigan. You will play a critical role in executing ArborMetrix mission by leading all day-to-day accounting activities, revenue recognition management and financial reporting requirements. In addition, you will drive key elements of the budgeting, forecasting, and reporting cycles The position requires strong knowledge of accounting principles and accounting functions from both a detailed and big-picture perspective, and will contribute to the preparation of presentations for the Board of Directors, Investors and Senior Leadership. You will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
We encourage you to apply if you have a strong background in accounting with a mix of technical accounting, general ledger accounting, financial reporting, planning and analysis, and communication skills that enable you to communicate and collaborate with team members at all levels across various functions. We are looking for an enthusiastic team player who is detail-oriented with the ability to work independently.
- Responsible for day to day operational accounting activities
- Prepare financial reports for internal and external use including Company leadership, investors, board
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Prepare actuals vs budgets financial analysis
- Complete month end close including preparation of journal entries
- Maintain general ledger
- Revenue recognition including proper accounting treatment of deferred revenue
- Customer invoicing and collection
- Manage accounts payable, vendor files and disbursements
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations including cash, prepaids, accrued liabilities, deferred revenue, equity
- Maintain fixed assets journal and related depreciation and amortization schedules
- Prepare and process payroll through third party
- Prepare financial analysis
- Interpret financial transactions and resolve accounting discrepancies
- Manager and support the annual financial audit process by completing audit requirements and communications with external audit teams.
- Develop and implement processes with focus on automation, scalability, and efficiency
- Continuously identify / implement work process improvements to streamline accounting methods and increase the productivity of the accounting team and Company
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 4 years accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- Good understanding of accounting terminology and functions
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands on experience with accounting software including QuickBooks
- High level proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work independently and with minimum of supervision
- Strong analytic skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills
- Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS)
- CPA or pursuing a CPA is a plus but not required
- Public Accounting and/or financial reporting experience a plus but not required
ArborMetrix has an outstanding entrepreneurial team with a strong mix of clinical analytics, statistical, software and business expertise.
We value creativity, innovation, problem solving, collaboration, and fast iteration, which allows us to continuously improve our platform.