Associate Data Engineer
- 339 E Liberty St, Ann Arbor, MI 48104, USA
ArborMetrix advances healthcare through data science by transforming data into insights for decision-making. Our healthcare analytics and technology solutions deliver clinically-rich and relevant evidence at the level of precision needed to measure and improve clinical outcomes, advance care, and optimize performance. Our data science platform allows for efficient aggregation and deep analysis of healthcare data, and deploys advanced analytics that deliver credible, trusted insights that lead to results that have a real impact on real people.
Data integration is among the hardest problems facing the healthcare technology industry; providing clinically-rich, actionable insights to our clients requires asynchronous collection and transformation of disparate data sources in a robust, scalable manner. As an Associate Data Engineer, you will be part of a mission-critical team implementing robust solutions on our next generation Data Integration Engine. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Building direct interfaces to hospitals and EMR vendors utilizing industry standards such as HL7 2.x, C-CDA, and FHIR as well as implementing bespoke interfaces that consume formats such as XML, JSON, and delimited files
- Monitoring operational ETL processes, triaging and resolving issues as they arise to meet SLAs
- Writing PL/SQL functions and packages to automate workflows in a Postgres environment linked with web technologies
- Applying industry best practices of software design, implementation, testing, and deployment, with a particular emphasis on quality assurance, fault tolerance, and component reuse
- Maintaining data standards (including adherence to HIPAA), documenting work, and championing product and process improvements
- Collaborating with an innovative team in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Understanding of relational databases, data modeling / architecture, and SQL query design / optimization
- Familiarity with a variety of structured and unstructured file formats
- Focus and initiative in learning and enhancing existing products and future enhancements
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables with competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science or Health Informatics
- Prior experience in using data integration / ETL tools to construct production-quality, real-time interfaces
- Knowledge of web technologies such as RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with healthcare data integration technologies (e.g. HL7 2.x, C-CDA, and FHIR)
- Project experience involving direct integration with EMR systems
- Experience with or knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science or Health Informatics
ArborMetrix has an outstanding entrepreneurial team with a strong mix of clinical analytics, statistical, software and business expertise.
We value creativity, innovation, problem solving, collaboration, and fast iteration, which allows us to continuously improve our platform.
Please Include cover letter with your resume.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.