Senior Data Architect
- 339 E Liberty St, Ann Arbor, MI 48104, USA
ArborMetrix advances healthcare through data science by transforming data into insights for decision-making. Our healthcare analytics and technology solutions deliver clinically-rich and relevant evidence at the level of precision needed to measure and improve clinical outcomes, advance care, and optimize performance. Our data science platform allows for efficient aggregation and deep analysis of healthcare data, and deploys advanced analytics that deliver credible, trusted insights that lead to results that have a real impact on real people.
Well-designed and properly governed data structures and artifacts are critical to ensure that our clients can trust the insights they glean from our healthcare intelligence platform. As a Senior Data Architect, you will support this mission through the design of robust data models; the management of metadata and code systems; the implementation and enforcement of data governance policies; and the monitoring and resolution of data quality issues. You will have the opportunity to collaborate extensively with internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements, design solutions, and implement production-quality data models and metadata artifacts to help ensure the success of our clients in driving improvements in healthcare. While this role is primarily technical in nature, you will also play a significant role in managing projects and informing priorities within the Data Management team, championing process and product improvement initiatives while collaborating with others across the organization to advance the health and integrity of our database. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Design high-quality and reusable data models and implement those models in relational and non-relational databases, data warehouses, and data lakes
- Discover, document, and manage metadata, including data provenance, data dictionaries, identifier systems and namespaces, code systems, code mappings, and validation rules
- Design master data management (MDM) rules for multi-data source pipelines
- Author and implement data governance policies and protocols related to change control, security, privacy, and access
- Design proactive solutions to monitor for data quality issues in a complex, multi-sourced healthcare data warehouse ecosystem including numerous upstream and downstream data processes and consumers
- Perform deep-dive and root cause analysis and lead solution development and implementation on change requests and production issues for existing operational customers.
- Assist and support QA team members in test strategy, test data authoring, and test case development and execution
- Identify, plan, design, and implement database and data architecture initiatives that further the strategic goals of the company
- Assist in the management, prioritization, and escalation of cross-team tasks associated with the database or data architecture
- Shepherd projects through requirements definition, analysis, development, QA, and deployment, working closely with numerous partner teams to drive project completion, quality, and timeliness.
- Multi-task effectively across a variety of projects and production triage tickets simultaneously.
- 8+ years of experience in data architecture, database administration, data warehousing, or a similar discipline
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Expert knowledge of SQL required
- Expert knowledge of data modeling and database concepts in both a relational and non-relational context
- Knowledge and understanding of healthcare data including clinical, billing, operations, insurance, and provider data
- Knowledge of standard healthcare ontologies and code systems such as SNOMED, LOINC, ICD, CPT, and RxNorm
- Knowledge of standard healthcare interchange formats such as HL7 2.x, C-CDA, and FHIR
- Experience in implementing or enhancing data governance strategy & policy
- Solid track record in establishing strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to bring projects to fruition
- Experience testing data and assisting in the generation of related test cases
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Master’s Degree in a quantitative field
- Experience with or knowledge of non-relational / NoSQL databases
- Experience with or knowledge of Amazon Web Services such as S3, RDS, Athena, or Aurora
- Experience interacting with REST APIs to manage data and metadata artifacts
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.