Payroll Supervisor / Teamleider
- Amersfoort, Netherlands
Applied Medical is a global medical device developer and manufacturer headquartered in Orange County, California, USA. We are a new generation, quality-focused organization with the goal of providing exceptionally innovative surgical products that enhance procedures and patient outcomes both clinically and economically. With our nearly 3,500 dedicated team members across the globe we have been developing and manufacturing advanced surgical technologies for nearly 30 years and have earned a strong reputation in the healthcare field. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing plants are located in Southern California and The Netherlands with additional distribution centers around the world.
Applied Medical Europe is headquartered in Amersfoort, The Netherlands, and has over 350 dedicated team members across Europe. We are developing, manufacturing, and directly supporting the implementation of our products in 15 European countries. Beyond these countries we also deliver through distributors in several other locations.
We are looking for a hands-on and experience Payroll specialist to join our expanding team at Applied Medical’s European headquarters, located in Amersfoort (NL). The Supervisor (Teamleider) Payroll is responsible for a timely and accurate processing of the entire payroll for all our fifteen European entities (approximately 400 team members) according to company policies and legislative requirements. You will lead a small payroll team and are able to inspire and develop our team members.
The European organization of Applied Medical consists of multiple legal entities all managed by the Shared Services Center in Amersfoort. The Manager Payroll works in Amersfoort and reports to the Director of International Finance and Accounting.
Within Applied Medical this position has the internal job title of Manager Payroll.
- Ensure a timely and accurate monthly payroll for all team members
- Recruit, mentor and develop payroll team members and sustain an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment
- Manage SLA’s with local payroll partners
- Optimize work processes
- Work closely with the accounting department to make sure the payroll information is adequately entered into the financial system
- Work closely with the personnel administration team for changes that effect payroll.
- Meet the regulatory, tax, compliance and reporting requirements on a monthly and annual basis for all payroll and employee benefits for all legal entities
- Ensure adequate delivery of documents and reports for audit requests
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests from team members and managers directly and liaise with the personnel and finance teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required
- Minimal 3-5 years of relevant experience in a similar position
- Work experience in an international environment is required
- Good knowledge of Word and Excel, knowledge of SAP is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Dutch and English is required
- Good knowledge of one other relevant European language is preferred
- Works collaboratively with others under strict, meaningful regulations
- Delivers output that is accurate, on time and of high quality
What we Offer
- A challenging fulltime position within a fast growing, dynamic and innovative company in the medical device industry
- Good remuneration package
- Informal, international working environment
- Various growth and training opportunities
- Various teambuilding and wellness activities such as: yoga, bootcamp, flu vaccination, health checks, Friday afternoon drinks etc.