Product Manager - Medical Devices
- Amersfoort, Netherlands
Applied Medical is a global medical device developer and manufacturer headquartered in Orange County, California, USA. We are a new generation, quality-focused organization with the goal of providing exceptionally innovative surgical products that enhance procedures and patient outcomes both clinically and economically. With our nearly 3,500 dedicated team members across the globe we have been developing and manufacturing advanced surgical technologies for nearly 30 years and have earned a strong reputation in the healthcare field. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing plants are located in Southern California and The Netherlands with additional distribution centers around the world.
Applied Medical Europe is headquartered in Amersfoort, The Netherlands, and has over 350 dedicated team members across Europe. We are developing, manufacturing, and directly supporting the implementation of our products in 15 European countries. Beyond these countries we also deliver through distributors in several other locations.
We are looking for a proactive Product Manager to join our expanding team at Applied Medical’s European headquarter located in Amersfoort (NL). This is a full-time position where you will be primarily responsible for understanding and defining our customers’ clinical needs and assisting with the development and implementation of solutions. Additionally, you will be responsible for supporting all phases of the product life-cycle, including market research, product development, product launch, product changes, post-market surveillance, and product obsolescence.
Within Applied Medical this position has the internal job title of Clinical Development Manager.
- Define the clinical and economic needs of our customers (i.e. surgeons and hospitals) and work with multiple departments to develop and implement solutions
- Help support all phases of the product life cycle (e.g. product development, product launch, product changes, and product obsolescence)
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of key surgical procedures and products through observation in the operating room, discussions with clinicians, congress attendance, literature searches, etc.
- Identify and understand emerging surgical procedures and technologies
- Understand the healthcare systems, market dynamics, and competitive landscapes in the various countries we support
- Identify and build relationships with thought leaders that share the same values as the Applied Medical team
- Help facilitate adoption of new/alternative surgical techniques and practices
- Support product sales by understanding the sales challenges and working with multi-functional groups to develop and implement solutions
- Assist with the development of product training, positioning, advertising, etc.
- Identify and help evaluate opportunities to support surgeon-led clinical research
- Help support our participation in national and international tradeshows/congresses
- Support requests from the field for product information
- Bachelor/master degree, preferably related to healthcare or biology
- 3-5+ years of experience in a similar or related role
- Excellent English, both written and spoken
- Management and/or leadership experience is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Availability to frequently travel, including occasional evenings and weekend
- Proven ability to lead complex projects/initiatives
- Capable of effectively managing multiple deadlines and projects
- Ability to adapt to rapidly evolving situations and needs
The following qualifications are desirable, but not mandatory
- Knowledge of colorectal, general, bariatric, urology and /or gynecologic surgery and products
- Fluency in multiple European languages
- Knowledge of European healthcare systems and dynamics
What we Offer
- A challenging full-time position within a fast growing, dynamic and innovative company in the medical device industry
- Good remuneration package
- Informal, international working environment
Are you an individual who thrives in a fast-paced and challenging, yet casual environment? We are looking forward to receiving your application in English.