Regional Sales Manager - East Germany
- Berlin, Germany
Applied Medical is a global medical device developer and manufacturer headquartered in Orange County, California, USA. We are a new generation, quality-focused organization with the goal of providing exceptionally innovative surgical products that enhance procedures and patient outcomes both clinically and economically. As a result of our commitment to innovation, we have a wide portfolio of medical devices and a pipeline filled with the next generation of breakthrough technologies for minimally invasive surgery. Our advanced technologies enable Colorectal, Bariatric General, Gynecologic, Obstetric, Urologic, Cardiac and Vascular surgeons to provide their patients with enhanced clinical outcomes.
With our nearly 3,500 dedicated team members across the globe we have been developing and manufacturing advanced surgical technologies for nearly 30 years and have earned a strong reputation in the healthcare field. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing plants are located in Southern California and The Netherlands with additional distribution centers around the world.
Applied Medical Europe is headquartered in Amersfoort, The Netherlands, and has over 350 dedicated team members across Europe. We are developing, manufacturing, and directly supporting the implementation of our products in public and private hospitals in 15 European countries. Beyond these countries we also deliver through distributors to several other locations.
For our Eastern Region in Germany we are looking for an experienced and driven Regional Sales Manager with a high affinity with healthcare.
The Regional Sales Manager is primarily responsible for directing and managing the activities of the Territory Managers in the Sales Region including the accountability for achieving sales numbers in the Region and interfacing with all executive level customers in both a Clinical and procurement environment within the hospitals.
The Regional Sales Manager manages the local Sales team, is home office based and reports to the National Sales Manager.
Management sales team
- Direct and manage the sales team in achieving the sales targets in the Sales Region
- Regular one-on-one catch-ups and co travel with the Territory Managers to help with current issues and to ensure proper coaching, training and leadership
- Set work objectives for each of the team members and be able to measure their progress.
- Establish specific measurable goals to provide a clear base for employee recognition, and staff development
- Manage permanent area analysis, project planning and project monitoring in CRM
- Arrange appointments and/or keep strong relationships with executive and senior physicians, OR personnel and decision makers in the purchasing departments
- Join Territory Managers with visits to key decision makers
- Coordinate planning and implementation of conferences, meetings and other events for customers and prospects
- Coordinate development and maintenance of customer database
- Manage price setting, assist in negotiating and the finalizing of contracts at a local level with both new and existing customers
- Manage business review process
- Manage the monitoring of competitor activity and competitors' products
- Manage new developments in National Health Service anticipating potential negative and positive impacts on the business and adapt strategy accordingly together with the National Sales Manager
- Plan in conjunction with the National Sales Manager how to approach contacts and creating effective business plans for making sales in the Sales Region
- Develop strategies for increasing opportunities to meet and talk to contacts in the medical and healthcare sector in conjunction with the National Sales Manager
- Bachelor / University degree level education
- At least 6 years of experience with surgical device sales, clinical development and/or marketing in the Operating Room
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in a similar position and proven track record
- International experience is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Needs good knowledge of MS office and Windows based computer applications
- Inspires people to high performance
- Strategic thinker with a bottom-line focus and high impact communication
What we Offer
- A challenging position within a fast growing, dynamic and innovative company in the medical device industry
- Applied’s team enjoys a dynamic environment that allows opportunity for growth and choice in individual career paths
- Excellent remuneration package
- Possibility to grow within the company
- Informal work environment
- To be part of one of the fastest growing and most innovative companies in the medical device industry
Our belief is that everyone can make a difference. The wide-ranging experiences and perspectives of all of Applied’s team members are crucial to the continued success of the organization. We are dedicated to creating an environment where team members of diverse backgrounds are valued, challenged and acknowledged.
Are you an individual who thrives in a fast-paced, challenging and professional, yet casual business environment and do you meet the above requirements? We are looking forward to receiving your application in English.