Nursery Equipment Operator
- 17921 W Smith Rd, Brodhead, WI 53520, USA
Applied Ecological Services, Inc (AES) is now apart of Resources Environmental Solutions, LLC (RES). RES is the nation’s largest and most experienced provider of ecological restoration and water resource solutions. To date, we have restored over 328 stream miles, 58,024 wetland acres, and rehabilitated, preserved, and/or managed over 15,000 acres of special-status species habitats. RES operations include planting over 17,400,000 restorative trees and reducing over 267 tons of polluting nutrients. RES navigates and streamlines the environmental permitting process with solutions that balance economic development and ecological sustainability through the establishment of mitigation/conservation banks, permittee responsible turnkey mitigation, and corporate social responsibility projects.
The primary function of the Restoration Technician is to complete ecological restoration work in the field. This includes all aspects of restoration work such as planting, seeding, erosion control methods, brush cutting, prescribed burns, light equipment operation, herbicide application to control invasive species, and various other tasks.
The Nursery Equipment Operator will assist the Seed Production Manager in carrying out various tasks as assigned including basic equipment use and maintenance. Using a variety of agricultural and horticultural equipment to aid in the growing, care, maintenance, harvesting and inventory control of native seeds and plants. Assist in a variety of agricultural and horticultural activities at the direction of a supervisor or team leader. This role will occasionally manage labor, equipment, and materials related to nursery operations.
- Operate tractor and other large farm type equipment and assorted hand held power tools.
- Assist with chemical and biological control application of fields, potted materials and property grounds.
- Conduct assigned equipment and building tasks.
- Assist with housekeeping and support activities in the greenhouse environment.
- Assist with mechanical cultivation activities of outdoor see production fields.
- Assist with equipment based maintenance of outdoor potted plants and outdoor seed production fields.
- Conduct or assist with mechanical harvest of seed and plant materials.
- Assist with processing seed, order preparation, relocation of plant or seed materials, and records maintenance.
- Order delivery and pick-up as needed – see Delivery Driver job description for details.
- Carry out work in full accordance with safety guidelines. Immediately cease work if unsafe conditions are identified. Correct and report unsafe conditions and behaviors.
- Position requires weekend and evening hours seasonally as needed
- High School degree or equivalent
- Associate Degree or equivalent; or up to one year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The working conditions and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Willing and able to perform and comply with the following items:
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk or hear.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent exposure to outside weather conditions.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme heat, and vibration.
- Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is expected to be able to conduct field work that may require walking up or down steep grades or on uneven ground, operating in inclement, not dangerous, weather conditions, exposure to direct sun and other weather, and may be in areas occupied by wild or domestic animals. Exposure to thorny or poisonous plant materials is not uncommon in the field. The employee may be requested to wade or participate in work conducted on open water.
RES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor