Horticultural Shipping Coordinator
- 17921 W Smith Rd, Brodhead, WI 53520, USA
Applied Ecological Services, Inc (AES) is now apart of Resources Environmental Solutions, LLC (RES). RES is the nation’s largest and most experienced provider of ecological restoration and water resource solutions. To date, we have restored over 328 stream miles, 58,024 wetland acres, and rehabilitated, preserved, and/or managed over 15,000 acres of special-status species habitats. RES operations include planting over 17,400,000 restorative trees and reducing over 267 tons of polluting nutrients. RES navigates and streamlines the environmental permitting process with solutions that balance economic development and ecological sustainability through the establishment of mitigation/conservation banks, permittee responsible turnkey mitigation, and corporate social responsibility projects.
The primary function of the Restoration Technician is to complete ecological restoration work in the field. This includes all aspects of restoration work such as planting, seeding, erosion control methods, brush cutting, prescribed burns, light equipment operation, herbicide application to control invasive species, and various other tasks.
The Horticultural Shipping Coordinator will oversee and execute the planning and implementation of plant order fulfillment and shipping for the local nursery.
- Fulfills orders for plants.
- Oversees order allocation ensuring that crops are correctly allocated so that products selected fulfill projects and do not compromise other project fulfillments.
- Ensure that materials shipped meet the QA/QC guidelines, client expectations and project specifications
- Consults with the Native Perennials Manager about quality concerns.
- Coordinates shipping and receiving of materials.
- Ensures proper documentation and compliance with international shipments
- Coordinates orders between sales staff and production staff, to ensure product is ready on time.
- Coordinates maintenance and upkeep of shipping related equipment.
- Develops, maintains and share weekly shipping and order filling schedules
- Ensures DOT and DATCP compliance as related to the plant shipping function
- Ensures that schedules fulfill the needs of both internal and external clients
- Coordinates staff with other work group leaders
- Sets up and coordinates weekend order filling staff.
- Assists in report preparation.
- Manages shipping manifest to ensure accurate accounting or orders shipped and associated shipping fees.
- Provides accurate data to Inventory Manager.
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels of shipping-related items
- Responsible for housekeeping and safety of the department
- Assists in plant production, facilities maintenance and other nursery duties as directed.
- Carries out work in a safe manner in full accordance with safety guideline. Immediately ceases work if unsafe conditions are identified. Corrects and reports unsafe condition and behaviors.
Supervises one or more employees. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and resolving problems.
- Associates degree or higher and / or combination of equivalent education and experience in horticulture, logistics or related field.
- 2 or more years working experience; preference in the horticultural field
- English – Spanish is encouraged but not necessary.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to obtain a Fed Med Card
- Ability to obtain a CDL
- Forklift certification
The working conditions and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Willing and able to perform and comply with the following items:
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk or hear.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent exposure to outside weather conditions.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme heat, and vibration.
- Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is expected to be able to conduct field work that may require walking up or down steep grades or on uneven ground, operating in inclement, not dangerous, weather conditions, exposure to direct sun and other weather, and may be in areas occupied by wild or domestic animals. Exposure to thorny or poisonous plant materials is not uncommon in the field. The employee may be requested to wade or participate in work conducted on open water.
RES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor