- 17921 W Smith Rd, Brodhead, WI 53520, USA
Applied Ecological Services, Inc (AES) is now apart of Resources Environmental Solutions, LLC (RES). RES is the nation’s largest and most experienced provider of ecological restoration and water resource solutions. To date, we have restored over 328 stream miles, 58,024 wetland acres, and rehabilitated, preserved, and/or managed over 15,000 acres of special-status species habitats. RES operations include planting over 17,400,000 restorative trees and reducing over 267 tons of polluting nutrients. RES navigates and streamlines the environmental permitting process with solutions that balance economic development and ecological sustainability through the establishment of mitigation/conservation banks, permittee responsible turnkey mitigation, and corporate social responsibility projects.
The primary function of the Restoration Technician is to complete ecological restoration work in the field. This includes all aspects of restoration work such as planting, seeding, erosion control methods, brush cutting, prescribed burns, light equipment operation, herbicide application to control invasive species, and various other tasks.
The Horticultural Assistant will assist in a variety of horticultural activities at the direction of a supervisor or team leader. Carrying out all tasks involved with containerized native plant and seed propagation, production, growing and inventory control from start to finish.
- Assist with propagation and transplanting activities in the greenhouse environment.
- Assist with cultivation activities of outdoor seed production fields.
- Perform care and maintenance of containerized plants and seed production fields.
- Conduct or assist with harvest of seed and plant materials.
- Perform seed processing.
- Assist with both chemical and manual weed control procedures in seed production fields, containerized plants, and off-site.
- Assist with inventory counts and records maintenance.
- Assist with relocation of stock, and seed and plant order preparation
- Perform general housekeeping tasks.
- High School degree or equivalent
- 1 or more years working in naturtal resources field operations
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences in English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- A Valid Driver’s License, may be required
- Ability to obtain a Fed Med Card, may be required.
- Forklift License, may be required (would be trained here by our corporate trainer).
The working conditions and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Willing and able to perform and comply with the following items:
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk or hear.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent exposure to outside weather conditions.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme heat, and vibration.
- Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is expected to be able to conduct field work that may require walking up or down steep grades or on uneven ground, operating in inclement, not dangerous, weather conditions, exposure to direct sun and other weather, and may be in areas occupied by wild or domestic animals. Exposure to thorny or poisonous plant materials is not uncommon in the field. The employee may be requested to wade or participate in work conducted on open water.
RES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor