Senior Full Stack Engineer
Founded in 2001, Applerouth Tutoring Services began in Atlanta as a local tutoring group and a labor of love. We’ve since grown into a flourishing national organization with more than 200 tutors and offices in Atlanta, Chicago, DC, Houston, New York, & Seattle. Our students come to us from all over the world and span the gamut from those in pursuit of perfect SAT scores to those struggling to overcome severe learning differences. While we’ve expanded our reach, we’ve retained our down-to-earth attitude and innovative approach to education.
We’ve built our business on the motto “Better Tutors. Better Results,” but this emphasis on the quality of our team extends well beyond our tutors. We are proud of the fact that our instructors, material creators, sales consultants, and service providers all outshine those of other companies in the industry.
This is a unique opportunity to help shape the future of an already successful company. We developed our own online system to run every facet of our tutoring business, including: tutoring reports, sales/customer service, payroll, test grading and much more.
As part of our engineering team, you would work with our sales, tutoring, and management teams to augment existing systems and design new ones to make each area of our business operate as efficiently as possible. Projects include both client-facing and employee-facing systems.
Software Development (85%)
- Participate in regular meetings to identify business needs, and assist in identifying and implementing technical solutions to meet those needs.
- Provide full-stack development for new and existing features.
- Work with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation & code comments.
- Provide recommendations surrounding data architecture, usability, design and QA.
- Anticipate and communicate blockers and delays before they require escalation.
- Contribute to the team’s coding standards and development practices to ensure a highly maintainable codebase.
- Refactor code as appropriate to manage technical debt.
Maintenance and Support (10%)
- Troubleshoot and debug application problems as they arise.
- Participate in regular check-in and All Hands meetings
- Stay abreast of industry trends and identify opportunities for growth
- Other tasks as the company may require
5 years of experience with Laravel and PHP in a production environment
Solid understanding of the best practices to build scalable, performant web applications
Proficient with relational databases such as MySQL
Experience with AWS cloud services (S3, EC2, RDS)
Familiarity with development tools such as Docker, Linux environment, git, etc…
Applicants must be able to demonstrate their skills by completing a coding challenge. See instructions below.
BS in Computer Science/related field, certificate from software engineering/web development professional bootcamp, or equivalent work experience required.
To complete your application please complete the following coding challenge: https://coderbyte.com/sl-candidate?promo=stravoseducation-vlx3p:laravel-assessment-p7f8oxy6wg
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Hybrid (Atlanta Metro Area)
Diversity and Inclusion:
We believe that diversity and inclusion enrich education and drive success. We are committed to ensuring that all people who interact with Applerouth--parents, students, staff, contractors, partners, vendors--are respected and valued holistically. We are committed to attracting and retaining students and staff from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and experiences because we believe that diversity fuels innovation and education to new heights.
The Legal Stuff:
Applicants will be considered for the position on the basis of their qualifications and ability to perform the job for which they are applying. Applerouth does not discriminate based on the basis of race, color, genetics, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or status as a special disabled or other veteran covered by the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended.