Business Development Manager
- Atlanta, GA, USA
Founded in 2001, Applerouth Tutoring Services began in Atlanta as a local tutoring group and a labor of love. We’ve since grown into a flourishing national organization with more than 200 tutors and offices in Atlanta, Chicago, DC, Houston, New York, & Seattle. Our students come to us from all over the world and span the gamut from those in pursuit of perfect SAT scores to those struggling to overcome severe learning differences. While we’ve expanded our reach, we’ve retained our down-to-earth attitude and innovative approach to education.
We’ve built our business on the motto “Better Tutors. Better Results,” but this emphasis on the quality of our team extends well beyond our tutors. We are proud of the fact that our instructors, material creators, sales consultants, and service providers all outshine those of other companies in the industry.
Applerouth Tutoring Services seeks an experienced business developer with a background in educational sales to join our team and help us keep growing. If you’re hard working and solution-oriented with a bias toward action, Applerouth is the place for you.
● Ensure that the Atlanta market meets or exceeds its monthly revenue and lead targets
● Establish and develop relationships with area schools, districts, PTA organizations, and local corporations
● Create a field marketing strategy for your territory, and ensure all partner schools have the right marketing support for events, classes, and practice tests
● Set up speaking engagements, group classes, and practice tests to generate new business
● Research and attend trade shows, college fairs, and other community events
● Identify opportunities with schools and districts to generate new business, respond to requests for proposals, present to school district personnel
● Remain abreast of industry trends, competitive products, and opportunities for expansion
● Collaborate with our marketing team to support national or local campaigns
● Participate in regular check-in and All Hands meetings
● Other tasks as the company may require
Bachelor's Degree + minimum of 5 years work experience
Educational sales experience required
Demonstrated knowledge of the college admissions process
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Friendly and energetic personality with a consultative approach to sales
Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Position Type: Full Time
Compensation: Salary + Bonuses
Applicants will be considered for the position on the basis of their qualifications and ability to perform the job for which they are applying. Applerouth does not discriminate based on the basis of race, color, genetics, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or status as a special disabled or other veteran covered by the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended