National Director of Sales & Marketing
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Founded in 2001, Applerouth Tutoring Services began in Atlanta as a local tutoring group and a labor of love. We’ve since grown into a flourishing national organization with more than 200 tutors and offices in Atlanta, Chicago, DC, Houston, New York, & Seattle. Our students come to us from all over the world and span the gamut from those in pursuit of perfect SAT scores to those struggling to overcome severe learning differences. While we’ve expanded our reach, we’ve retained our down-to-earth attitude and innovative approach to education.
We’ve built our business on the motto “Better Tutors. Better Results,” but this emphasis on the quality of our team extends beyond well beyond our tutors. We are proud of the fact that our instructors, material creators, sales consultants, and service providers all outshine those of other companies in the industry.
Applerouth Tutoring Services seeks a self-directed, experienced professional to manage its business development and marketing teams. This individual will be responsible for developing and executing the company’s global sales & marketing strategy, managing the business development and marketing teams, and ensuring the company meets or exceeds its revenue and lead targets. They will be responsible for driving brand awareness, lead generation, event attendance, private tutoring and classroom participation in each of Applerouth’s markets, and for helping Applerouth continue to build its reputation as a thought leader in the test prep industry. As a member of the company’s leadership team, this individual will also be responsible for helping shape the company’s overall policies, vision, strategy, and culture.
I. High-level Planning and Strategy Development (35%)
- Create & implement a comprehensive sales & marketing plan that capitalizes on cyclical shifts in the industry and is dynamically responsive to new trends
- Develop and manage the sales and marketing budgets
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals, in conjunction with the CEO and other members of the sales leadership team
- Work with the other departments to ensure brand consistency & to improve our sales and tracking processes
- Remain abreast of industry trends, competitive products, and opportunities for expansion
- Create & implement a public relations strategy to increase Applerouth’s brand recognition and market penetration; ensure regular contact with target media and response to media requests
- Oversee editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Applerouth marketing materials, whether print or electronic
- Develop & leverage a coherent social media strategy to increase prospect collection and engagement
- Participate as a member of company’s leadership team, and help shape long-term growth strategy
II. Team Management (35%)
- Recruit, train, coach and develop the business development and marketing team members
- Assign sales territories, set sales & lead goals, and establish sales training programs
- Lead and schedule weekly team meetings and monthly professional development sessions
- Ensure consistent usage of the CRM
- Represent sales and marketing in monthly All Hands Meetings, weekly sales strategy calls, and regular leadership team meetings
III. Strategic Partnerships, Campaigns & Institutional Sales (25%)
- Develop, coordinate, and oversee campaigns to generate leads, drive revenue and/or improve conversion rates
- Analyze campaign effectiveness and marketing ROI
- Assist with sales that fall outside of any rep’s territory
- Assist with the development of sales presentations or proposals for large deals
- Attend trade meetings and conferences
- Develop strategic partnerships with referrers, corporations, or municipalities
IV. Other Tasks as Company May Require (5%)
- 5+ years education sales and marketing experience (tutoring field preferred)
- Proven experience managing a high-performing sales team
- Previous experience managing remote team members strongly preferred
- Previous experience working with Mailchimp, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Asana and Social Media (LI, FB, Twitter, Instagram) strongly preferred
- Previous experience in new media and internet advertising required
- Basic Adobe Skills (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) a plus
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to operate with minimal direction or supervision
- Willingness to travel as needed
- BS/BA required
Position Type: Full Time
Compensation: Salary + Bonuses
Why Work at Applerouth?
The Team. You’d be hard-pressed to find a more fun, creative, intelligent group of people. Office meetings may sometimes get nerdy (on more than one occasion, we may have debated whether it’s grammatically correct to say “myriad of opportunities” versus “myriad opportunities”), but we have a lot of fun. Trivia nights, company lunches, April Fools pranks, etc. abound.
Autonomy. We hire the best, and we empower them to do the most. If you’re hitting your goals and keeping your clients happy, you won’t find many micromanagers among us.
Growth potential. Our materials and tutoring methods are at the cutting edge of education, and our fantastic results and customer service have contributed to rapid growth year over year. Since we promote from within whenever possible, this translates into myriad opportunities for motivated employees.
Applicants will be considered for the position on the basis of their qualifications and ability to perform the job for which they are applying. Applerouth does not discriminate based on the basis of race, color, genetics, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or status as a special disabled or other veteran covered by the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended