Customer Service Specialist
- 2108 Briarcliff Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Founded in 2001, Applerouth began in Atlanta as a local tutoring group and a labor of love. We’ve since grown into a flourishing national organization with more than 200 tutors and offices in Atlanta, DC, New York, Los Angeles, and Seattle. Our students come to us from all over the world and span the gamut from those in pursuit of perfect SAT scores to those struggling to overcome severe learning differences. While we’ve expanded our reach, we’ve retained our down-to-earth attitude and innovative approach to education.
We’ve built our business on the motto “Better Tutors. Better Results,” but this emphasis on the quality of our team extends beyond well beyond our tutors. We are proud of the fact that our instructors, material creators, sales consultants, and service providers all outshine those of other companies in the industry.
Applerouth Tutoring Services seeks a self-directed, motivated Program Manager in our Client Care Department. Program Managers are responsible for helping ensure that Applerouth’s students and clients receive the highest level of service possible throughout their tutoring program.
- Provide the highest level of service possible
- Address any incoming client questions or concerns and work to provide the best solution
- Schedule/Reschedule mock tests
- Answer billing inquiries
- Escalate refund requests as appropriate
- Communicate positive and negative tutor feedback
- Gain familiarity with tutoring staff in order to answer questions
- Facilitate communication between tutors and clients as needed, and assist with tutor assignments
- Understand and communicate the Higher Score Guarantee and its requirements
- Assist Clients in completing online purchases
- Contact clients for student profile information and to assist with assignments
- Contact clients to remind them of scheduled events or meetings
- Contact clients about any group or mock test cancellations or schedule changes and provide suitable alternatives
- Manage the reassignment process and keep client informed of progress
- Backup the main reception line as needed
- Other tasks as the company might require
- Stay abreast of tutor and industry trends to help answer client questions
- Participate in regular check-in and All Hands meetings
- Other tasks as the company may require
- Previous experience in education, educational consulting, tutoring, test prep or admissions preferred
- Previous experience in a customer support position OR as an Applerouth tutor required
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent planning, organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to operate with minimal direction or supervision
- Bachelor's Degree required
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Why Work at Applerouth?
The Team. You’d be hard-pressed to find a more fun, creative, intelligent group of people. Office meetings may sometimes get nerdy (in a recent one, we may have debated whether it’s grammatically correct to say “myriad of opportunities” versus “myriad opportunities”), but we have a lot of fun. Trivia nights, company lunches, April Fools pranks, etc. abound.
Autonomy. We hire the best, and we empower them to do the most. If you’re hitting your goals and keeping your clients happy, you won’t find many micromanagers among us.
Growth potential. Our materials and tutoring methods are at the cutting edge of education, and our fantastic results and customer service have contributed to rapid growth year over year. Since we promote from within whenever possible, this translates into myriad opportunities for motivated employees.
Applicants will be considered for the position on the basis of their qualifications and ability to perform the job for which they are applying. Applerouth does not discriminate based on the basis of race, color, genetics, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or status as a special disabled or other veteran covered by the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended.