Business Development Manager
- 4750 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC 20016, USA
Founded in 2001, Applerouth began in Atlanta as a local tutoring group and a labor of love. We’ve since grown into a flourishing national organization with more than 200 tutors and offices in Atlanta, DC, New York, Los Angeles, and Seattle. Our students come to us from all over the world and span the gamut from those in pursuit of perfect SAT scores to those struggling to overcome severe learning differences. While we’ve expanded our reach, we’ve retained our down-to-earth attitude and innovative approach to education.
We’ve built our business on the motto “Better Tutors. Better Results,” but this emphasis on the quality of our team extends beyond well beyond our tutors. We are proud of the fact that our instructors, material creators, sales consultants, and service providers all outshine those of other companies in the industry.
Applerouth Tutoring Services seeks an experienced business developer. This individual will be responsible for developing and executing the company’s sales strategy in the DC, Maryland and Virginia area.
● Ensure that the Metro DC market meets or exceeds its monthly revenue targets
● Increase tutoring leads from target schools
● Establish and maintain relationships with area schools, PTA organizations, independent educational consultants, educational psychologists, and local corporations
● Create a field marketing strategy for your territory, and ensure all partner schools have the right marketing support for events, classes, and mocks
● Set up speaking engagements, group classes, and mock tests to generate new business
● Research and attend trade shows, college fairs, and other community events
● Develop and implement strategies to increase brand awareness throughout Metro DC market
● Write and present proposals to district and school personnel
● Remain abreast of industry trends, competitive products, and opportunities for expansion
● Collaborate with our marketing team to support national or local campaigns
● Participate in regular check-in and All Hands meetings
● Other tasks as the company may require
Bachelor's Degree + minimum of 3 years work experience, ideally in sales/marketing or education
Previous test prep experience preferred
Demonstrated knowledge of the college admissions process
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Friendly and energetic personality with a consultative approach to sales
Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Washington DC area
Why Work at Applerouth?
The Team. You’d be hard-pressed to find a more fun, creative, intelligent group of people. Office meetings may sometimes get nerdy (in a recent one, we may have debated whether it’s grammatically correct to say “myriad of opportunities” versus “myriad opportunities”), but we have a lot of fun. Trivia nights, company lunches, April Fools pranks, etc. abound.
Autonomy. We hire the best, and we empower them to do the most. If you’re hitting your goals and keeping your clients happy, you won’t find many micromanagers among us.
Growth potential. Our materials and tutoring methods are at the cutting edge of education, and our fantastic results and customer service have contributed to rapid growth year over year. Since we promote from within whenever possible, this translates into myriad opportunities for motivated employees.
Applicants will be considered for the position on the basis of their qualifications and ability to perform the job for which they are applying. Applerouth does not discriminate based on the basis of race, color, genetics, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or status as a special disabled or other veteran covered by the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended.