Technical Project Manager
- Los Angeles, CA
A little about Verizon Digital Media Services:
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content – so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
Verizon Digital Media Services' oath in three words: Personalized Video Experiences
- Execute and maintain project management processes in the areas of project schedule, quality management, communications management, risk/issue management, and change management.
- Develop and maintain project schedules and calendars with the input and assistance of technical leads
- Build strong communication channels with internal stakeholders in various departments: Sales, Professional Services, IT Operations, Development teams, Release Management, Networking
- Track tasks assigned to the project team and prepare regular status reports
- Influence continuous improvement of project management methodologies including: assessment of project delivery capabilities, gathering and reporting performance metrics, establishing corresponding targets, and measurement of on-going progress.
- Identify and manage interdependencies between applications, platforms, services, and environments
- Ensure smooth communication within the project team and other cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Technology or related, or equivalent work experience
- 3 years of experience in a technology or internet-oriented project management role
- Technology expertise: web software, application infrastructure, datacenter deployments, content delivery, video streaming, IP transit, and server architecture
- Experience in process and implementation management in a technology company
- MUST be hands-on and able to roll up their sleeves
- Able to effectively manage resources, track and complete projects before scheduled deadlines
- PMI certification a plus, Scrum Master certification desired
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of 50+ media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.