- Los Angeles, CA
A little about Verizon Digital Media Services:
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content – so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
Verizon Digital Media Services' oath in three words: Personalized Video Experiences
• Build systems and design experiments to measure the performance and reliability of the CDN.
• Collaborate with core engineering teams to build a holistic understanding of technical challenges and opportunities of running a 24x7 globally distributed CDN.
• Explore ideas and develop new algorithms and systems to make Edgecast the fastest, most reliable and secure content delivery platform in the world today and into the future.
• Represent VDMS in industry working groups and academic conferences.
• PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Statistics or related disciplines.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to distill complex and abstract concepts into simple constructs.
• Demonstrable success as an individual researcher and as a member of a research group. Capable of leading projects from inception to delivery.
• Deep understanding of theory and practice of at least one of the following domains: Networking (TCP/IP, HTTP/2, QUIC, DNS, BGP) or Systems (Linux Kernel, Caching Algorithms, File Systems).
• Hands-on programming in Python, Go, C, C++ in GNU/Linux.
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of 50+ media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.