O&O Operations Manager
- Dulles, VA
A Little About AOL
AOL’s flagship site holds all the important stories from the web, in one convenient destination. The hub for news, entertainment, sports, finance, human interest stories, and more. Plus, you can enter your location for a more relevant, localized experience.
AOL's Oath in 3 Words: "It's all here."
The primary purpose of this position is to manage aspects of the Inventory & Product creation for AOL’s Owned & Operated Brands. This person will have accountability for creating and maintaining Brand Inventory and Sales products through AOL’s proprietary Advertising Systems. They will manage the day to day relationships with Brands and Sales and other internal clients, with assigned Brand coverage. This role has a Global impact, setting the operations strategy for our outsourced operations managing non US markets.
The O&O Operations Manager is a critical part of the pre-sale and post-sale process, which includes teaming with publisher contacts on assigned accounts to meet and exceed goals. He or she will optimize monetization through reserved and non-reserved platforms, support the forecasting and execution of custom deals, and execute against top line company strategy.
• Create and maintain display ad inventory and sales packages in partnership with brand owners, developers and product strategy.
• Oversee the accurate impression forecasts, price assignments and packaging of all inventories.
• Manage custom sold deals by brand, to proactively limit under delivery, identifying issues and solutions with editorial partners while there is time to correct/change course.
• Maintain cadence in support of revenue delivery, including driving reporting/process improvement, driving sales communication around brand products and ensuring action is taken on identified issues.
• Provide input on system functionality, packaging and processes that impact the sale and delivery of campaigns.
• Execute product strategy across all platforms and formats.
• Partner with non-US operations to set the strategy and manage brand changes to outsourced resources.
• Provide guidance on troubleshooting/conflict resolution to internal partners.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• Manage execution of client solutions through effective communication, problem solving and accuracy
• Proactively anticipate customer’s business needs
• Willing and able to collaborate across boundaries to get work done and drive business forward.
• Strong customer focus – promoting customer satisfaction, resolution and loyalty
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 1-3 years of account management, business analyst or relevant industry experience
• Must have strong understanding of digital marketplace and understanding of the competitive landscape in which we operate
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of 50+ media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.