Executive Editor - Lifestyle
- London, United Kingdom
HuffPost is a global, premier media platform: a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of news, commentary, entertainment, features and lifestyle content. HuffPost serves 200 million viewers on a monthly basis, consecutively reaching 1 billion monthly video views, ranking as the #1 publisher on Facebook in 2016, and spanning 17 editions around the world while using every available tool and platform, including augmented reality and immersive storytelling. The HuffPost contributor platform hosts a highly engaged global community for opinion and conversation, from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts, who contribute in real-time on the subjects about which they are most passionate. HuffPost is part of Oath.
HuffPostUK is seeking a brilliant Executive Editor to lead our Lifestyle, Style, Parents and Tech coverage. The right journalist will have a flair for innovative and agenda-setting lifestyle coverage and a solid track record of growing online audiences in a competitive environment. They will have a demonstrated ability to spot the next issue or water cooler topic that speaks to the concerns and interests of the growing HuffPostUK audience.
Experience in digital journalism is a must, as is working multi-platform across different media from editorial to video. The ideal candidate will be a strong problem solver and strategist, an inspiring manager, with experience of leading large teams and cultivating talent. You will have a track record of innovating around life-related content and experience in managing editorial projects.
Aside from editorial, a big part of this role is also working as a brand ambassador for the HuffPostUK lifestyle coverage, so experience in talking to consumer and B2B audiences is essential.
Candidates will live and breathe HuffPost journalism, and know how to seek opportunities across the commercial parts of the business. The position is based in London.
● Ideally 10+ years experience in journalism
● Proven experience working across a wide suite of lifestyle coverage, as well as spotting ways to innovate with content ahead of the competition
● Experience of leading large teams and nurturing talent
● Ability to strategise content from quarterly to annual periods, across a wide range of demographics and interests, including tent-pole sections such as men and women, but also as a game changer across Tech and Parents
● Experience of managing editorial as well as commercial interests, maintaining the integrity of the brand
● Deep understanding of what makes HuffPost’s Lifestyle offerings unique and engineering a step-change in the brand
● Proven history of working collaboratively - and successfully - across departments, including Marketing, Communications, Analytics, Audience Development, Social, and Business Development
● A brand evangelist who understands the bold, energetic integrity of HuffPost and is able to regularly undertake external public speaking across TV, digital and radio, as well as speak to consumer and B2B audiences. Also an ambassador internally, able to represent the brand to stakeholders at a UK and international level, keeping the best interests of the team at the heart of communications
● Passion for working and collaborating globally
● Ability to interpret data, audience insights and analytics to inform coverage decisions and meet targets.
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: Oath offers a competitive salary and benefits package. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, colour, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.